80s muscle bike Epicness - Cat and Fiddle

steele01

Reaction score
Hey everyone managed to get out the other week when the bike lockdown lifted for a spin on my 1980s Suzuki GSX-750 ET/EX My dad an his bro both had one each of these back in the 80's

I wasn't gonna go for the 2nd ride but the evening was beautiful and it looked like we were in for a terrific sunset so I talked my dad into a small evening ride locally up the cat and fiddle :)

Took my gloves of to help dad work the camera phone ^_^ quick thumbs up before we set off home.

Can't beat the sunset.

Time to head home

An before anyone says it are some landscapes within the onboard video including the view in real time :beerjug::friday

Hope you all enjoy an it brings back some memories for some.

Next job on her is to paint the side panels fit the new gsx badges an I managed to get some suzuki badges for the headlights which are now fitted.

Good stuff and a lovely looking bike. :thumb

You just need some retro 80s style riding gear now. :D

Thanks Tarka :) I actually use my 1967 650SS Norton as my daily :D Usually have my Badlands on with that keeps ya safe oh an dry haha :friday

What a lovely thing to do, I wish I could still go for a spin with my old man who passed on his love of motorbikes to me.
Absolutely stunning photos as well; excellent work 10/10. :thumb2

Thanks guys :) just a few with my phone it's been quite handy no where to stick the propper camera on the classic's yet.

Had a few rides over the past year or so that we wont forget one of the best was probably xmas day up the Cat and Fiddle on the 650ss was so much fog!
As you say really lucky to be able to spend time with dad treasure every moment we have together pretty much inseparable lucky to have that relationship

I bought one of those new on the 1st August 1981. One of my most favourite bikes I've ever owned.
What pieces are replacement's on yours. Noticed that you have blue stripes on the fron mudguard and seat panels and the red on the tank. Mine was black with the red stripes.
I painted the wheels and callipers red and fitted gs1000 airshocks on the rear.
Did 36.000 miles on it before I traded it for a gsx750esd. That was faster and handled better but was not as comfortable as the old gsx.
Great bike at the time. I bought it because Suzuki knocked 500 quid off them to clear old stock, it only cost 100 quid more than the gs550 I was going to buy. Brings back some happy memories.
Btw I passed my test on my Suzuki TS100ern and jumped straight onto this 750. That was scary.

Awesome Gazza my dads bro had a gs550 before his 750 :) Yeah they sure do shift that's for sure :) Originally mine was a us import had the lower blue tank I wanted it black and red stripes like my dad an his bro had in the 80's Tanks nos on her got so lucky with that. got new side panels ready to go on but the paint is a nightmare to get a match for. Ohlins shocks were an upgrade to apart from that totally as Suzuki intended gonna rebuild the forks this week :) got new bushes an seals an get a set of Metzler 01's on to.

Always quite fancied a Katana.

Just got the Suzuki badges for the headlight to :)

Awesome Gazza my dads bro had a gs550 before his 750 :) Yeah they sure do shift that's for sure :) Originally mine was a us import had the lower blue tank I wanted it black and red stripes like my dad an his bro had in the 80's Tanks nos on her got so lucky with that. got new side panels ready to go on but the paint is a nightmare to get a match for. Ohlins shocks were an upgrade to apart from that totally as Suzuki intended gonna rebuild the forks this week :) got new bushes an seals an get a set of Metzler 01's on to.

Always quite fancied a Katana.

I put heavier weight fork oil in them to stiffen it up a little. A bit bouncy on the front with stock oil.
I used to use pirelli phantoms on mine back in the day.
And I still lust after the Katanas even now.
Yeah, I remember the USA version had the smaller flatter tank. I loved the tank range on the UK version. I used to get almost 200 miles to a tank on longer trips.
Had a 4 into 1 alpha 41 exhaust on mine. Bugger that was loud, my boss said he could hear me riding to work when he was out walking his dog from 2 miles away.

haha yep thats what i love about the uk tank great range compared to my other classics :) yeah bet the 4 into 1 sounded brilliant thats a good tip on the fork oil:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom