1290 SD GT 2018 model

Tyzer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I fancy a 1290 GT but i'm put off buying one as KTM always seem to slash their prices at some point in the year.I have however seen a brand new 2018 model for £10999 as opposed to a new 2019 model for £15499 the only difference i can see is the colour,digital dash and some engine tweaks.

Has anyone got any experience of the differences between the 2 , i cant imagine it justifies the £4500 extra !

Cheers

But you can get the old model suspension flashed by KTM so the damping etc is the same as the new one . Fancy one myself

Dealer charged me 1hr labour to flash the suspension but I couldn’t tell the difference for road use.

They’re brilliant bikes, you can ride them like an absolute idiot and they’re so forgiving they almost encourage you to see if you can overcome it or you can use them for slower speed touring. I took mine on two separate 4k mile European tours and the only minor annoyance was in Norway when the low speed limits and draconian penalties if you’re caught meant riding at about 55mph which is an awkward speed unless you change the gearing but I just stuck mine in rain mode and the fuelling seemed more user friendly but still left you with over 100bhp to play with.

18 has older generation engine, a bit buzzy compared to the latest one, tested a SDGT last time they gave a load away and the vibes were much worse than my 1190 Adventure, by contrast my 1290 adventure is is smoother than the 1190. Some folk moaned about the cruise being on the throttle side on the earlier models, and I do like the 1290 screen...

But at that price you cannot go wrong if you fancy this kind of bike, a proper bargain.

Thanks for the replies chaps

Back
Top Bottom