Tents

An excellent tent.

That being said, there is not a huge difference between that and the Nalo 2GT, other than a little bit of height and a bit of width. Where though there is a reasonably big difference is in the packed size, the Nalo being appreciably smaller and a bit lighter.

I was able to see the two tents in action, side by side, for a month. Of the two, I preferred the Nalo, for the reasons given above. There again, both were being used as ‘one man’ tents. A Nalo 2GT with three decent sized blokes in it would be, shall we say, ‘compact’.

I've had both and would say there quite a difference, obviously the size as a Kaitum 3GT is palatial and more importantly has 2 vestibules (Nallo has one!) and I found better ventilation.

After recently unintentionally coming across them, my next tent will be a tipi style.

Being able to stand up was a bit of a winner.

You clearly had a better experience with the Kyham Mcinley,, than I had with the Kyham Biker.
When the weather was almost wrecking mine ,which was inside a coral circle of bikes with lots of extra guy lines ,the weather WAS wrecking most of the tents at the campsite ,scene of wreckage in the morning .
When I wandered round what was left standing were Hilliberg ,and the vango Force 10 tents .

I was at a Ullapool gathering a couple of years ago Kyham byker plus high winds all night three extra guy ropes on the windward side then the next day squalls every twenty minutes you could set your watch by them the tent did shake rattle and roll all night but nothing broke.

Back
Top Bottom