Tents

andrewb2006

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
what 3 man tent is the best to buy please or any recommendations would be welcome
Vango Tempest 300
kyham Biker

Hi
what 3 man tent is the best to buy please or any recommendations would be welcome
Vango Tempest 300
kyham Biker

Most 3 man tents are realistically only 2 man tents. I have a khyam biker plus which I use on my own. It's comfy with room for my gear. Without the porch it would be a tight fit for 2 let alone 3 trying to squeeze in.
My khyam igloo is similar. Only really room for 2 but there is a little more floor space than the biker but only a little porch space either end.
My khyam Freelander has a bigger porch space and I would say the same about inside the inner tent , it's really only big enough for 2 people with airbeds. A friend has a tent that packs quite small that has a 2 person bedroom either end with a living space in the middle. That works ok for more than 2 people but it's still a squeeze for 2 in each bedroom. Wish I could remember it's make, it's worth thinking along those lines though.

The 'Best' would be a Hilleberg Kaitum 3GT. Awesome tent but check out the lengthy tent thread on here.

IT kind of depends on what kind of camping you are intending to do with sad tent .
IF Kyam are still using those quick erect plastic poles with the spring clips ,,,, that will be fine foe the odd weekend / rally etc ,,,, they won't stand any real weather though DAMHIK :augie .
As has been said Hilliberg ,if you can run to it .

IT kind of depends on what kind of camping you are intending to do with sad tent .
IF Kyam are still using those quick erect plastic poles with the spring clips ,,,, that will be fine foe the odd weekend / rally etc ,,,, they won't stand any real weather though DAMHIK :augie .
As has been said Hilliberg ,if you can run to it .

yes they will , nailed down, 4 extra guylines my Mckinley stood up in 100mph winds.

Hi thanks All
It will get used twice a year at most so don’t want spend a fortune .

yes they will , nailed down, 4 extra guylines my Mckinley stood up in 100mph winds.

You clearly had a better experience with the Kyham Mcinley,, than I had with the Kyham Biker.
When the weather was almost wrecking mine ,which was inside a coral circle of bikes with lots of extra guy lines ,the weather WAS wrecking most of the tents at the campsite ,scene of wreckage in the morning .
When I wandered round what was left standing were Hilliberg ,and the vango Force 10 tents .

Hi thanks All
It will get used twice a year at most so don’t want spend a fortune .

Are you taking it on your bike or can you manage a bigger pack up size.
I've not used my khyam Freelander for years. Maybe I should sell it. I have had it on the rear rack for a lot of trips but it's packed at about 9-10 kilos. But as I said above the inner tent is good for 2 in the real world but without blow up beds you could fit 3 side by side. It would be cosy hope no-one snores.

the vango without question, given the news about go outdoors I would guess there forthcomming SALE may be a good place to start

Lone Rider tent has room for 2 in the tent + 2 more in the 'garage'.
There's a 10% off code on the other tent thread too.

Hi
Vango Tempest 300
kyham Biker

Take a look at the Vango Meteor pro 300. Errect inner and outer together, plenty of space, light, very waterproof and well vented. Pack size is very small for its size. I love mine.

I have a Hilleberg Soulo, build quality is excellent, probably not big enough for my large frame.

You clearly had a better experience with the Kyham Mcinley,, than I had with the Kyham Biker.
When the weather was almost wrecking mine ,which was inside a coral circle of bikes with lots of extra guy lines ,the weather WAS wrecking most of the tents at the campsite ,scene of wreckage in the morning .
When I wandered round what was left standing were Hilliberg ,and the vango Force 10 tents .

My wife wanted to take a Khyam tent when we went to a rally in Denmark last January so I explained that I’d be sleeping in a Force 10 MK4 but if she preferred the Kyham she should feel free to strap it on her bike :D

I’ve got a cheaper Vango tent that I use for lightweight summer trips but if the weather’s looking bad I book into a hotel for the night.

Back
Top Bottom