Posting photos question

wust588

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've been unsuccessful posting photos from Imgur onto an advert in For Sale/Wanted. Can anybody offer any suggestions
as to what I'm doing wrong.
Many thanks.

As you haven’t told us what you actually did.... probably no. But here’s a guess..... um..... turn your computer on first. That’s a joke by the way, as some bods get mighty upset.

Want an easy way to do it? Tapatalk

ecc332cf0b34c86a3a7bcbc216688072.jpg

I know the square root of feck all about computers. To me they are just a box of magical widgets, that either work or they don’t. If I can work Tapatalk to post a picture, then any idiot can, trust me.

Imgur is quite straight forward compared to some sites.

In your imgur picture library , double click on the image you want to post , there’s a list that pops up on the right hand side, click on the linked BBcode button ,( it’s highlighted in blue ) which says copy , then return to this site and in the quick reply box ( this is what you are typing in ) Just touch the screen and paste !

It’s a copy and paste procedure in basic terms

Thanks for your replies.

Wapping, I think you know more about computers than I do, but I can manage the power source ok! The fab pic of the dog brightened up my day...
And probably has a better brain too.

Happily, my wife has a better brain than me, and with the extra info we should manage it between us.

Ta again.

Thinking about this, I should have explained what I was trying to do.

I wanted to put an advert in the - Bike Related Items For Sale - section.

I brought up the section, clicked on - Post New Thread -, typed the title then description text, then tried to insert photos from Imgur.

Thanks

DC, we've tried exactly what you outlined, but all we end up with is the typed text, and the code link letters without an image.

Will keep trying.

Thanks.

DC, we've tried exactly what you outlined, but all we end up with is the typed text, and the code link letters without an image.

Will keep trying.

Thanks.

it depends what link in imgur you are clicking on try it another way ....open the image ,click the link on the right hand side, open the thread you want to post on and it the box header, click on the image icon. its the fourth icon in from the left shows an image in a picture frame good luck

No success. Did exactly as you said, which was what we were doing before, but only the code appears, without an image. We tried it with all the codes.

Funnily enough, I flogged a bike on here some years ago, without any trouble. Trouble is we can't remember which hosting site we used.

We used Imgur because it's free, and rarely send pics.

Many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom