Go Pro

Adrian165

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am on my fifth update with Go Pro cameras as I have updated them over the years with several of them packing in.
I bought a Go Pro Session 5 in early 2018 which failed after around a year having had very light usage but it was replaced under warranty but the replacement model also failed and was replaced. However, the replacement has also now failed and won't charge or turn on despite contacting Tech Support who said to plug it into a PC which I did and still no life or charging.
Informed that whilst the camera is only several months old, my original purchase is now over two years ago so tough luck but we can give you a discount on a new Hero 8 for any old camera etc which is shown on their site.
No thanks, NEVER, never again will I give my hard earned to Go Pro and they have still to reply to a message that I sent them.

I have looked at the Innov K2 but as I have two bikes and swap between them I am not sure that this system is ideal. Any suggestions?

I have both. Innov k2 & go pro hero 7 black
The innov K2 has a maximum resolution of 1080p at 30fps with quite high compression.
As a dash cam it is very good. Quality very acceptable.

If you use your camera for making videos in my opinion and experience you need 1080p 60fps as this gives good compromise regarding quality. It all depends what you want to achieve.

There are alternatives to go pro - believe DJI do one

I feel your pain re warranty issues, i splashed out on a £70 kettle. Has just failed at 7 months old. They will replace but further research has shown it is a known fault and it will fail again in 6 or 7 months which they will want to know. BMW, and other automotive manufacturers are just as bad.

consumer law says it must be of merchantable quality and last a reasonable amount of time, several years spring to mind but not sure how this can be invoked?

Go Pro reliability

Made the mistake of purchasing a black 4 a few years ago.
USB port charging problems from the outset.
Just gave up and carry lots of batteries with me.
However, the chances of me purchasing another GoPro are Zero.

Made the mistake of purchasing a black 4 a few years ago.
USB port charging problems from the outset.
Just gave up and carry lots of batteries with me.
However, the chances of me purchasing another GoPro are Zero.

Purchased mine from John Lewis - at least you get 2 years warranty as standard.

I think some GoPro series suffered from very poor quality.

I used for years the GoPro Hero II. A brick (in a good sense) worked well. No problem there.
It survived flying off the motorbike on the straight line at Brands :D but I managed to crush the lens leaving it out of its case on the way back home.

Replaced it with a GoPro Hero Silver 4, that was mostly a piece of shit. It used to seize-up or crash quite often.

Replaced it last year with a 7 Black and it works well to be fair...

"Itchy Boots" on YouTube uses Hero 7 Black. Don't think she has had any problems.

tom

It does seem that it is somewhat hit and miss with Go Pro. As with many pieces of tech, the more complex it becomes then often the more troublesome it becomes.
I left very negative feedback with Go Pro about their service but no response whatsoever!

Back
Top Bottom