Tried a Goldwing today

Thanks Simon!

It's an itch I really want to scratch, yet I've always looked at Wings as being 'Not really a motorbike' and I'm struggling to shake that admittedly poorly judged prejudice.

At 6k for a decent 1800 though, I can't see I'd lose any money if I scratched the itch and then moved it on.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

That's a nasty-looking wound BigD. Did the foot peg go straight through your boot, or did it manage to go just over the top?

Get well soon. :thumb2

That's a nasty-looking wound BigD. Did the foot peg go straight through your boot, or did it manage to go just over the top?

Get well soon. :thumb2

Hi was wearing Daytona Boots and Rukka pants it went just above my boot straight into my bone!

Gl1800

I purchased an 2003 26k 1 owner from new minter in March ,and I reckon it’s one of the best bikes I’ve had . was a bit more than £7k but hell of a bike for the money and goes and handles remarkably well.

Attachments

• 3929F934-C799-4206-95F1-3442EA45EFD7.jpg
    3929F934-C799-4206-95F1-3442EA45EFD7.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 479
  • A3599F1D-E876-417D-B605-3FB0A209C391.jpg
    A3599F1D-E876-417D-B605-3FB0A209C391.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 483
  • E6E3912C-20F9-43B3-BDD4-CF145FD2B8BB.jpg
    E6E3912C-20F9-43B3-BDD4-CF145FD2B8BB.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 484
The Wing has been updated for 2021

12ee51cb7e26fbd50d0dac2a05f867e6.png

The Wing has been updated for 2021

12ee51cb7e26fbd50d0dac2a05f867e6.png

Had a look at the Honda website last night and saw this. It looks like they have upped the size of the panniers as well. If so, the "old" model may have to go to make room for a new one

I never understood the obsession of fitting two helmets in a top box. If you're out for the day there's not really a problem. If you're touring, the top box won't have room for any helmets anyway. We've always tethered both helmets to the bike when we've wanted to walk around not carrying them and never had a problem. Seems strange thing to worry about to me. Perhaps I'm missing something.

I actually liked the size/shape of the top box as it didn't overwhelm the look of the rear of the bike solo riding (well...maybe a bit :) The panniers being so small is the downside to the Wing in my view and the way it's designed you cant strap extra luggage onto them like you can with Adv bike panniers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t carry gear in the top box, there’s enough room in the panniers

I always leave the top box pretty much empty so we can put the lids in when we visit places, it stays on when I’m not away for the same reason

Only fit panniers for touring, I lock the jackets to the bike if the panniers are full, I use inner bags to take into hotels or BnBs so I can put jackets in the panniers when we visit places

We all have our own system, whatever works..... :thumb2

I don’t carry gear in the top box, there’s enough room in the panniers

I always leave the top box pretty much empty so we can put the lids in when we visit places, it stays on when I’m not away for the same reason

Only fit panniers for touring, I lock the jackets to the bike if the panniers are full, I use inner bags to take into hotels or BnBs so I can put jackets in the panniers when we visit places

We all have our own system, whatever works..... :thumb2

Didn’t realise you had a Wing !

Given the low mileages many bikes are seeing during our CV-19 shitstorm, it's probably more economic to get some Corbin pannier doors (+10.8litres a pair) & topbox lid, rather than trade up to the 2021 model in many cases.

They should sell on pretty easily come trade-in time too........ https://www.corbin.com/honda/h18gwdoor.shtml

Back
Top Bottom