Suspension strengthening

Personally I haven't fitted one but the US guys on the Adv forums swear by them and say that it's one of the first mods you should do before offroading.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

While I am not saying that this is not a problem, clearly it is, I have to wonder just what it is that people are doing with the bike to cause it. My 2008 F800GS now has almost 104,000 miles on the clock and this is still not happened. Back in 2018 I did several thousand miles on gravel and dirt roads through the Americas. Still not an issue. I really think that if you are riding a motorcycle on serious off road stuff then you should be doing it on something else that is a lot lighter than an 800GS. Honda’s CRF250 or 450 is the first thing that comes to me. The F800GS is a great bike for anything that is a road, regardless of what the surface is. What it’s not designed for is anything else.

Personally I haven't fitted one but the US guys on the Adv forums swear by them and say that it's one of the first mods you should do before offroading.

I’ve ordered one, sooner spend £100 on the upgraded part than spend a lot more sorting a bent frame out.

I agree with both of you. It's better to spend money now to prevent an issue, if you're likely to be using your bike in such a way that this could be an issue. In the end my bike won't do much more than gravel roads and the odd friendly green lane, so I'm not worried about hammering the rear shock enough to bend that bolt.

We're rebuilding a burnt out Honda Xr250r for more serious off road work.

You haven't seen him ride. He's an off road animal.

That bike will be bits in no time. Watch out for the spares or repair ads in about 6 months. :) :hide

Hope to catch up soon for a chat. :thumby:

When the bike is back together you will have to show me some of the more gently lanes as my back won’t take Burrough hill like lanes anymore :rob

Back
Top Bottom