Yamaha RD250C Aircooled 1977 Refresh

Ports and the knife edging from what i could see, the ports were not chamfered so that was making a bit of a mess. I suspected it had been tuned first day i rode it but wasn't sure with it being my first aircooled Rd

Really happy with these standard cylinders nice an smooth power wise like my previous 250lc was :) sounds sweet as well now. An they are only .25 so plenty of milage for the future

Bloody great thread ....I shall read it properly when I get some peace and quiet, a pot of tea and a twin pack of Aldi Jaffa cakes .Thanks for taking the time to put this altogether. :thumb2

Ace bike had one when I was 17. Then went to the 400e.

I remember when you could pick up a good condition RD250 for about £200 or a slightly tatty one for £150.

That change in learner laws was a gift for anyone production racing in the 250 class because even an LC could be had for under £300 😀

Thanks guys! :) My dad's bro had a kh250 after his rd250c he's got a picture of it where he's wrote on the back when the laws changed sold it for a song!

Next thing for the rd250c is to fit the correct bars the previous owner fitted a set of none Yamaha low bars which are ok an pull you into a position similar to an lc but all the cables are rooked up so gonna go to the standard yam high bar.

Ordered some more paint to redo the engine an I'm gonna paint the top fins in on it back to standard as well.

Very impressed with the Metzler's so much so a set might find a way onto my 650ss when I've worn the current avons out again, really great having a few imperial tyre options.

Back
Top Bottom