Unloved for years the 1100 GS Restoration starts here

Great work in a short time.
I love to see the final result.

Pekka

Thanks for the support guys. I'll take a full photo and put a list of everything that I have done as soon as I have recovered the seat.

They are on Ebay for £49, bugger to fit though :)

I bet - that's far from a flat surface. They look great in the pics though, and I think an 'homage' the P-D paint scheme is a really nice thing. I'm looking forward to seeing it all fitted back together.

Those front discs look like they are knackered.

What a transformation. It will now be eminently nickable, should have made it road worthy and ridden it as it was. :D

The seat covers finally arrived but they sent it with a 1150 GS Logo :blast so I can only fit the main seat cover for now. Once I removed the old cover I could see that at some point someone slashed the seat but it hasn't effected the end result. It was a bit of a battle but we got there in the end.

Attachments

• IMG_1077.jpg
    IMG_1077.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 708
  • IMG_1088.jpg
    IMG_1088.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_1093.jpg
    IMG_1093.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 741
Getting there, still a few parts to replace but it's in one piece now, running and off for the MOT next week. I'm happy how it's turning out. I have to find a way of making it either lower or the seat somehow lower. I'm not tall and I really don't fit it at the moment. Strange really because I have a 1200GS and managed ok on that. I might buy another seat and make it narrower, so the seat height is the same but I should be able to reach better.

It's a bit different to what I started with 6 weeks ago :thumb

Attachments

• IMG_1101.jpg
    IMG_1101.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 690
I've been thinking of painting mine a similar style (White + Dakar stickers)
Do you mind me asking , what type of paint you used ?
Did you use any special undercoat on the plastics?
Did you lacquer over the stickers ?

I've been thinking of painting mine a similar style (White + Dakar stickers)
Do you mind me asking , what type of paint you used ?
Did you use any special undercoat on the plastics?
Did you lacquer over the stickers ?

I don't mind at all. OK I used 2 pack white paint then after fattening off I applied the decals, then I applied a 2 pack clear coat. I use spray equipment but you can by the 2K paint and clear coat in aerosols now, these are activated by a tab on the bottom of the can so that the paint and hardener can be mixed inside. This gives the hardest finish.

I forgot to mention that in any areas where I had to sand down past the old paint, like the blisters I also used plastic primer.

Back
Top Bottom