Tank bag recommendatiions - 1290 SAS

Diacono

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Which tank bags are you guys using? My Givi tanklock which i used on my GS fouls the bars, so I'm looking for an alternative.

Thanks

Enduristan sandstorm range. They fit really well, are totally waterproof, built like the proverbial, and a reasonable price too. Jonathan at Rugged Roads can get them and does a little on price for us GSers.

81ce724fa7fad15196d58b83fc01cc75.jpg
34afe2343a024e2ab354ad50335b7a22.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Enduristan sandstorm range. They fit really well, are totally waterproof, built like the proverbial, and a reasonable price too.

What does stop from tank and the rest of the paint from being scuffed up by rubbing straps and movement of the bag it self?

I too use my Givi ST602 bag that I’ve used in both of my GS and GSA bikes. But just like mentioned before, the bars fowl on full lock. Not a mahoosive problem, but there is a concern...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the standard KTM power parts tank bag, good fit and quick to remove with the snap clips - I don't have any pictures so you'll just have to take my word for it.

I have a SW Motech tank ring & engage bag. The bag has plenty of room for all essential items, and it's shape ensures it follows the shape of the tank.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/mo...SniE3j0rI1qUZqPQ5i4QwqOx9S0bbq-xoCHDsQAvD_BwE

Tank ring is securely attached to the ......tank ring :D and the bag just clips on, and is removed by a front located wire.

Doesn't impact on any controls, turning circle or my getting on/off the bike.

See picture below :D

8d7c57160fb8b77687d716291b95d075.jpg

Last edited:
What does stop from tank and the rest of the paint from being scuffed up by rubbing straps and movement of the bag it self?

I too use my Givi ST602 bag that I’ve used in both of my GS and GSA bikes. But just like mentioned before, the bars fowl on full lock. Not a mahoosive problem, but there is a concern...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both the bikes I’ve had these fitted to had the 3M protective film panels fitted, but tbh I’ve not noticed any rubbing either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Personally I prefer the tank lock type tank bags mainly because with the best will in the world they rub the paint or frame where the straps ( bra) fits

The Givi version of the SW motech are pretty good for less money

The KTM Power Parts bag is good, you fasten the harness with straps then zip the bag on and off if you’re leaving the bike. As with all tank bag harnesses it’s a good idea to periodically clean under them to avoid scratching but I used the KTM one on both my 1190 Adventure and my 1290 SDGT and there was nothing that wouldn’t come out with 5 minutes and a bit of T cut.

I’ve got a Sandstorm on my GS and it scores over the Power Parts bag for being waterproof but in my opinion loses a bit for not having side or rear facing pockets for trinkets such as an eTab so I can have a quick puff while riding :D

Thanks for all of your suggestions. They have given me plenty to choose from.

Touratech Tankbag

I run the Touratech Ambato Exp Rallye. Can tilt it either forward or backwards when filling up. Uses pads that are left in place after tank bag is removed.

I also vouch for Touratech. It really sits well on the tank and it has the additional possibility to use two extra straps on sides. With the straps it really stays strong on the bike even with heavier items in it.

The SAS has less lock that the R1200GSA which I had previously. A small concern but not helped with a Moto-Tech tank bag restricting it further. You can get caught out when doing u-turns (cue many jokes....) I have used the tank bag sparingly as a result.

I have moved my SW Motech (pre evo) tank bags from bike to bike, have 3 of them of varying sizes and just buy the tank ring to use them on mine and the Mrs bikes.

I did have the issue with the handlebars on the larger one I have, but was able to re-drill the base holes and used some small plastic spacers to lift it few mm higher to stop it catching right at the end of full lock.

Back
Top Bottom