390 Duke ??

Thanks for that Steve, as I said earlier I went and looked at the one that was for sale, it was mint, I had full intentions of buying it today, got home after ten last night after seeing it and went straight to a mates and talked it up, told him I'm having it, checks out his advert again when I got in and it's gone, someone must've bought it after I was there, which had to have been around 8PM or later, gutted..haha.

You spend far too much time dithering.

I had a sniff round a 390 forum and seen that mentioned but wasn't sure if it was the previous generation ?? I assume it was the previous model ?

The guys I'm looking at is advertised at £3100, so guessing £3000 is what he's after, I don't know if that's a good price or can be had cheaper.

No they were not the old model. They were the new shape model and the only difference between the two years was a decal change. Premier Bikes sold around 40 at the lower price and like you I dallied and then when I went to pull the trigger they had all gone :blast

If the one you are looking at is a two year old bike then at £3100 he's probably making a £100 profit after two years of ownership :D

A know a guy who bought one of the cheaper bikes. I bumped in to to him when it had 200 miles on the clock and asked him how he was getting on with it? He stated at that time that he was thinking of getting ride of it so I told him I would buy it from him at the price he paid. He said he would think about it. A couple of months later I bumped in to him again and he was back riding his old K1100LT. I asked him if he was still thinking of selling the little Duke and he told me that he had sold it back to the dealer for £2000 the week after he had done and paid for the 600 miles service :eek:

Thick as Fucking Mince :blast

You spend far too much time dithering.

A night to sleep on it isn't that much dithering, but you snooze you lose as they say.

No they were not the old model. They were the new shape model and the only difference between the two years was a decal change. Premier Bikes sold around 40 at the lower price and like you I dallied and then when I went to pull the trigger they had all gone :blast

If the one you are looking at is a two year old bike then at £3100 he's probably making a £100 profit after two years of ownership :D

he told me there was a fan update in the slightly later models, and I know the dealer where he got it from and there is no way that arse would discount any bike, only KTM dealer in Scotland and he's the very reason the only KTM I've ever owned was a 250 exc smoker.

there is no way that arse would discount any bike, only KTM dealer in Scotland and he's the very reason the only KTM I've ever owned was a 250 exc smoker.

Go to Premier Bikes then, as they'll ship it up to you for a nominal fee. ;)

It’s summer, get the train down and run it in riding up through the nicer bits of scenery over two days. Get it booked in for the first service a week after you collect it and the jobs done. Ride from Premier bikes to somewhere around The Forest of Bowland then home the next day.

All you’d need is a 40l tailpack to carry your riding kit then strap it on the back of the bike for the ride home. Job done and a nice little mini break while you do it. Premier Bikes would almost certainly collect you from the nearest station or you get there the night before you collect it, stop in a local pub then taxi to the shop for 9am.

It’s summer, get the train down and run it in riding up through the nicer bits of scenery over two days. Get it booked in for the first service a week after you collect it and the jobs done. Ride from Premier bikes to somewhere around The Forest of Bowland then home the next day.

All you’d need is a 40l tailpack to carry your riding kit then strap it on the back of the bike for the ride home. Job done and a nice little mini break while you do it. Premier Bikes would almost certainly collect you from the nearest station or you get there the night before you collect it, stop in a local pub then taxi to the shop for 9am.

There’s no way he’d do that. Not in a million years.

There’s no way he’d do that. Not in a million years.

That doesn’t make it a bad idea. Just treat it as a road trip through the Peak District and the wastelands further north, pubs and restaurants will be open so what’s the issue?

That doesn’t make it a bad idea. Just treat it as a road trip through the Peak District and the wastelands further north, pubs and restaurants will be open so what’s the issue?

I’d happily do that, and have done so before, but in a cage :)D), and the other way round.

The biggest down side of all of that is the absolute tosser would have to do it's first service, and he'd probably not do it anyway and charge me for the pleasure, he has history you know. ;)

The biggest down side of all of that is the absolute tosser would have to do it's first service, and he'd probably not do it anyway and charge me for the pleasure, he has history you know. ;)

Pick the bike up, loop around Wales, bit of the West Country, stop at premier for the first service before riding home. Job done. :thumb

Anyway, I'm no interested in buying new, I'll concede I messed up not buying that bike last night but like buses, there will be another one along soon enough.

You can get a new one for £4299 with a £500 Powerparts voucher and you can have the first service done at a non KTM dealer without effecting the manufacturers warranty if you so wish ;)

You can get a new one for £4299 with a £500 Powerparts voucher and you can have the first service done at a non KTM dealer without effecting the manufacturers warranty if you so wish ;)

I did see the £500 PP voucher on that Premier Bikes site.

I think the issue with the first service is the dealer needs special tool to unlock the revs, I may be wrong with that but sure I read that somewhere.

I'd have no hesitation in riding mine to Scotland. Strangely, I bought mine in Scotland from a guy who bought it new for £3,100 then took it to the Alps in his motor home rode 600 miles around the Alps then sold it to me after. I paid £3,100 for mine with 600 miles on it.

When KTM had the mega offer on, I bought the 1290 GT for £10,500 but knew I'd get locked up or killed so traded it in soon after for one of the first 790 Dukes.

Looking out to sea from near his house, you could see the Isle of Man. A couple of months later I rode it to the IOM and could see the cost of Scotland!

Anyway, I'm no interested in buying new, I'll concede I messed up not buying that bike last night but like buses, there will be another one along soon enough.

I've seen them with 3k miles for £2,500 so they are out there. Keep looking but I know someone else on this forum who's looking to snap one up so be quick!

I did see the £500 PP voucher on that Premier Bikes site.

I think the issue with the first service is the dealer needs special tool to unlock the revs, I may be wrong with that but sure I read that somewhere.

I've done the first service on three 390 Dukes now and there was no electronic/software issue needing to be released as there is with a BMW S100R/RR

The slight pain in the bum with the first service on earlier (67) 390's is the valve clearances need checking. All three bikes I did had very tight valves so it shouldn't be overlooked. The later 18 reg bikes don't need this at the first service.

I've seen them with 3k miles for £2,500 so they are out there. Keep looking but I know someone else on this forum who's looking to snap one up so be quick!

I've got it in my head now to just relax and one will come along, much like when I was looking for a scrambler, took my time and the right one appeared, if it doesn't come along and I'm still keen come next spring I may end up buying new, for ll they are at £4300.

Back
Top Bottom