Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nippy Normans

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Oh Brilliant!!!!!! Just ordered something from them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skudd View Post
    You'll be fine as long as it's fine.
    But prepare to lose days of your life if there are any issues with it.
    Fingers crossed, we're all now waiting with bated breath.

As others have said all ok until there’s a problem then customer disservice from hell. I won’t purchase from him again.
    Abide with me !

I always find these sort of posts interesting. The one thing that is cheap and easy to get right in any company is communication and customer service. Being polite and friendly is free and the best tool you have. Keeping up good communication (even if its bad news) is also easy and free thanks to the magic of email. What people hate is being ignored.

Said things are so simple yet time and time again companies get it wrong. These are the same companies who then moan when they lose business to the likes of eBay and Amazon…

Customer service, the clue is in the title. Sending out the customers order is the easy bit, dealing with problems is what makes the difference between a good and a bad company. Not answering countless emails or the phone is inexcusable. Ive had a similar experience in the past and look elsewhere now.

Avoid in my opinion, as long as straight forward sale, you pay, they supply all is well. Any deviation from this seems to = misery.

Update

Update, from the help of members, I finally manage to get intouch with NN. They say they refunded me, but clearly not, anyway I did get a refund and they sent me some ACF50, which was good of them. The issue I have, is as others have said, lack of communication, when there’s an issue or refund involved. I sent 4 emails over several weeks, asking why they hadn’t refunded me, all were ignored, it wasn’t until I started this thread, got the phone number and finally manage to speak directly with NN, that I got it sorted.

I asked why my emails weren’t replied to, when my emails enquiring about the product, prior to ordering were answered in a timely manner, they couldn’t answer this. I also pointed out, that I had started a thread on ukGSer, asking for help, which I think had more impact than any email or phone call. In the end, I got my refund and some ACF50.

If NN is reading this, please learn from this, you send the items in a prompt manner, but please continue to give the customer service on any issues, returns and refunds. Also add a phone number to your website, but also, look at your return process, pretty poor system, with lots of potential for problems!

Thanks to all who contributed to the thread.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by shedracer View Post
    Update, from the help of members, I finally manage to get intouch with NN. They say they refunded me, but clearly not, anyway I did get a refund and they sent me some ACF50, which was good of them. The issue I have, is as others have said, lack of communication, when there’s an issue or refund involved. I sent 4 emails over several weeks, asking why they hadn’t refunded me, all were ignored, it wasn’t until I started this thread, got the phone number and finally manage to speak directly with NN, that I got it sorted.

I asked why my emails weren’t replied to, when my emails enquiring about the product, prior to ordering were answered in a timely manner, they couldn’t answer this. I also pointed out, that I had started a thread on ukGSer, asking for help, which I think had more impact than any email or phone call. In the end, I got my refund and some ACF50.

If NN is reading this, please learn from this, you send the items in a prompt manner, but please continue to give the customer service on any issues, returns and refunds. Also add a phone number to your website, but also, look at your return process, pretty poor system, with lots of potential for problems!

Thanks to all who contributed to the thread.
    Cheers
    He won’t learn from this. Has been happening for years. JJH

Well it came quickly and was as described. (Camera mount) fitted easily too.

Well it came quickly and was as described. (Camera mount) fitted easily too.
    Just as well, you'd have fuck all luck returning it and getting a refund inside of 4 weeks, and that's if he's finally given up using Covid-19 as an excuse

Well, I've just had a great experience with Nippy Normans, So thought I would balance the negativity with a positive story:

I finally built up enough enthusiasm to do some servicing on my GS. I dutifully searched around for all the bits I would need, oil, filters, sparks etc and then I came across a service package from NN which was a little bit cheaper, Result! I paid my money and the box of goodies turned up promptly and I got cracking. After replacing the filter and topped up the beast with the amber nectar I thought "best to take this for a test ride". Once I returned back to the shed I noticed a little dribble of oil from the filter. Clearly mu hands are getting weak and I'd not tightened the filter up enough. I grabbed the oil filter wrench and this is the 'oh shit moment' the wrench didn't fit. Then I realised the part number was not the same as the one I took off (I know, school boy error). It was the wrong filter (right bike wrong year)

Anyway, emailed NN informing them of my predicament, I got a swift email back stating that they would replace the filter and the oil at no cost and it would be with me shortly, sure enough 2 days later a new box arrived with all the correct bits.

Personally I though this was great service as this cost them and there was no quibble, no pointing fingers suggesting I'd ordered the wrong kit, just great customer service.

Anyway, just my 2 pence worth, hopefully of help to someone

The only reason I never use Nippy Normans is because their website is utter shite. Now I’m glad I’ve never perceived with it. You put the item name in their search and get pages of crap and not the thing you’re after.
    A Needy Twat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12