Trackday Tyres?

Dodge62

Reaction score
I'm off to Cadwell for a trackday in August. Original plan was to rent a CBR600, but that looks like it might not work out.

So are there any really sticky tyres available for my 2012 F800GS? I'm absolutely not interested in off-road or cold road use, as I have a nearly-new set of dual-purpose tyres which will go back on afterwards.

Without meaning to boast, I raced bikes for 11 years so I do know how to ride on the track. And I can handle the limitations of suspension etc. But I don't really want to ride on dual-purpose tyres.

(Apologies if this has been asked before. I did search but couldn't find anything appropriate).

Look on a trackday forum for scrubs or just use the tyres you're running and used to.

I think you're going to struggle to find anything sticky to fit that 21" front wheel. What do I know, though...I once did a day at Knockhill on the original Bridgestone Deathwings on my '04 1200. :D

You'll, obviously, not get proper sticky with your wheel sizes however I run Trail Attacks (2's) on my 1190R (21" front) and find them very predictable with good grip and feedback when pushed hard, I really trust them and am I'm on my third set now. Trail Attack 3's have been out a little while now and seem to get very good feedback but I have no experience of them.

Andres

Just realised I posted this in the 750/850 instead of 650/700/800 forum. Sorry! I'll have a look at Trail Attacks. Or maybe I'll stick with the DP tyres and enjoy sliding the rear. It's got good crashbars for when it inevitably goes wrong.

Avon do road riders in a 21”......pity they don’t do decent 20” tyres

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why do you need really sticky tyres ? i do trackdays with ordinary road tyres, on my gs1150 i use tourances , on my cali i use bt45's . i'm never the slowest. it's only a track day , it's not a race.

I've used road tyres and track tyres, they're all much stickier than I am brave these days.

Back
Top Bottom