Schuberth C4 Pro, SC1 Comms and Interphone - Advice Please...

Snelly55

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I need a new helmet as my Shark Spartan Carbon Guintoli is pretty battered. The Shark helmet has been okay but there is a lot of wind noise and I suffer already from tinnitus so need something quieter and some louder headphones!

In addition, the Interphone Tour headphones have failed so am thinking of replacing the helmet and comms at the same time. I have been pretty unimpressed with the Interphone Tour. The connectivity is not great (although this is clearly in part related to the TFT etc.), the volume is way too low and after a year of use, components have failed.

Having researched here and online, I am leaning towards a Schuberth C4 Pro Helmet with the integrated SC1 comms system. Can anyone give me some feedback on these products relative to the volume and sound quality of the integrated speakers? And how is the C4 on wind noise? I have never had a flip-up helmet before and common wisdom suggests they are worse for wind noise than a full face although Schuberth claim that theirs is very good?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have a C4 Pro Carbon with SC1 comms. The volume of the earpieces can go far louder than I find comfortable (up to 11?) - as for quality, depends what you are looking for. It's not made by PMC or B&W ! I only use mine for satnav instructions and the occasional phone call and I find it OK for those. I never listen to music whilst riding. I don't really have a wind noise problem as I sit behind an RT screen, but I do find that I hear a lot of road/engine noise (this is without earplugs). In that regard I'd say it's about the same as my old BMW System 7. I've just bought an Arai Tour X4 which is supposed to be a noisy helmet, but as we're still in lockdown here I haven't had a chance to compare them yet.

If you do decide to buy, there seem to be some good deals going on the SC1 Advanced at the moment (possibly worth having for the longer battery life (claimed) if nothing else. I do find this odd as it uses the same battery yet has more facilities, but that's what they say).

common wisdom suggests they are worse for wind noise than a full face although Schuberth claim that theirs is very good?

Go into a helmet shop and turn a closed flip and a non-flip upside down. Look at the size of the opening required to put the helmet on. Which has a wider opening to let noise in from underneath the helmet?

I’ve got a 4pro and sc1a. They are quiet, I don’t wear earplugs if I’m doing less than an hour now. Volume wise it’s good but the button pressing sequence is a pain in the arse till you get used to it. So buy a handle bar remote!!! You have the same sequence but it’s easier to do with the remote than buggering about trying to find the buttons on the back of the helmet. The radio works surprisingly well.

Yes - I forgot to mention that the handlebar remote is essential ! Annoying, but at least you can get one....

Back
Top Bottom