Hello from new RT Owner

Also forgot to mention - I invested in a headlight protector. I am told £1,000 to replace the light assembly if damaged. I've got fat feet and added a gear thingymebob from Nippy's. Doesn't scuff the boots either.

How did you add the DAB I love my radio but it always cuts out?

Any assistance would be mega!

Dension DAB+U radio. It is powered from the USB in the radio compartment and displays the radio stations as music tracks on the dashboard. Requires its own DAB aerial - which I mounted on the top-box. When the reception is good, the quality is superb.

PM if you need more information.

Nice thing about the RT is lots of fairing to hide stuff but a real pain with all the panels.

Easy to wash, better weather protection and heated seat are surely the RTs advantages over other models.

IMO the GSA has a better riding position, but only if you are 6ft tall.

Welcome to the club, i bought a '98 1100 rt with space miles about 5 years ago, loves it even if it was a bit agricultural (gearbox) smooth easy to ride great protection etc but i part ex 3 years ago as doing less miles and enjoy the quirky feel and ride of the boxer engine, i now have a GS, but do miss the RT

Guys and anyone else who wishes to comment

I have been toying with the idea of changing from my 2017 1200 GS Rallye to an RT. Looking for more touring comfort and to encourage the Mrs to spend more time with me on the bike. I spoke with a guy in Morrison's car park, Diss (Norfolk) who said its the best big he's owned and loves it. Yes, he tours. He said it is very capable on all roads (gave example of very wet ride on poor roads in Ireland). My evening and weekend blasts take in a lot of B roads that very in quality. How would you rate the RT on this stuff?

Thanks to anyone who would like to comment

A lot of my riding is on A and B roads I have an older 2013 TC and even with the older tech and ESA it's brilliant down either. I leave the ESA in 'Comfort' (floppy mode) in 'Sport' it's on the hard side for the worst of potholed B roads, but after 34 years of riding I can't think of a road bike as good as the RT on a multitude of surfaces.

Hi All

Just wanted to introduce myself as just joined the Forum.
I have just bought myself an RT switching from a Triumph Thunderbird Storm, so big change.
Got told about this forum from a fellow RT and member on this site so thought i better jump in.

Will post up some pictures once I have the bike which i cant wait for. Feel like a big kid.

Till then look forward to talking to you all and i am sure asking for advice :)

Cheers

Luke

Welcome, look forward to the pics :thumb

Back
Top Bottom