Airheads

Bubb

Dogsbody
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, my R80ST wasn’t running right, and I was thinking maybe I should put her up for sale (especially as I have a Triumph project in the garage sucking cash out of the bank account)

But, with a little tinkering and new air filter and plugs, the ST is back to running right.... and a short ride reminded me that I really do like how she rides/handles/stops etc..... so she is NOT for sale.

I will give her a service, tappet check, new oils etc.... and take her for a good run.

There’s something about the airheads that gets in your blood. They may not be fast compared to new stuff, but they have character.

love my airhead!

Ride safe y’all

I had a glorious bimble over to Mikey's place yesterday on the R80. It was a joy, just trundling along back lanes, duf duf duf...... who needs the world as a blur? It looks much better in sharp focus.

all round.
What’s not to like?
Can’t think of another bike that has given me as much joy, and a had quite a few...

057e9f0200c40c7f4c05bb17be95d680.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out again this afternoon, used the bike to go and fetch a pile of scissors from a salon owner. Rode through the back lanes to Stone and back up the Moddershall valley and through the back roads around Dilhorne and home to Uttoxeter. It just bumbles along on almost fresh air. The tank still has visible fuel in it at 366kms since fill up. That is over 200 miles on a tankful, nicely does it.

I need to resize some new pictures. They all get chucked out for being too big!

Attachments

• DSCN8471.web.jpg
    DSCN8471.web.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 426
...................It just bumbles along on almost fresh air. The tank still has visible fuel in it at 366kms since fill up. That is over 200 miles on a tankful, nicely does it..................

Yehbut, it's a seven gallon tank and you're only doing 28mpg.:)

I think the Paralever tank is 27ltr, which is just under 6 gallons. That makes it 33mpg if it was empty but there’s visible fuel left. I just brim to brim checked my mpg on a Siebenrocked R100GS with a Paris Dakar tank and got 57mpg bumbling about the Peak District. I think that’s really impressive.

Done some recent 30 mile each way trips, A road, 7 roundabouts, 50 - 65 mph on my ST and getting 48mpg.

My SPG ( smiles per gallon ) hits the roof. And that’s what these bikes are about, not technicalities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Paralever tank is 27ltr, which is just under 6 gallons. That makes it 33mpg if it was empty but there’s visible fuel left. I just brim to brim checked my mpg on a Siebenrocked R100GS with a Paris Dakar tank and got 57mpg bumbling about the Peak District. I think that’s really impressive.

Bumblng around the Peak District always is impressive. But so is 57mpg! :):)

Back
Top Bottom