Evo dyna

Ignore this lot, they don't know what they're talking about.
You've clearly bought a pup, much better to bin it off now & move on to something you'll be more comfortable & happier with. Once you lose faith in a bike it will never be 'right'.
Accept you're going to have to take quite a major loss on it, sell it & let it become someone else's 'Issue' to deal with.
That's definitely the way forward with this pile of shi'ite. :thumb2

Doris, can I have that manual when he sends it back to you once he's sold the bike?;)

New mounts arrived today..:D hopefully we can can groove together now ...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• WP_20200626_13_37_25_Pro.jpg
    WP_20200626_13_37_25_Pro.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 205
  • WP_20200626_13_37_52_Pro.jpg
    WP_20200626_13_37_52_Pro.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 210
  • WP_20200626_13_37_42_Pro.jpg
    WP_20200626_13_37_42_Pro.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 189
Ignore this lot, they don't know what they're talking about.
You've clearly bought a pup, much better to bin it off now & move on to something you'll be more comfortable & happier with. Once you lose faith in a bike it will never be 'right'.
Accept you're going to have to take quite a major loss on it, sell it & let it become someone else's 'Issue' to deal with.
That's definitely the way forward with this pile of shi'ite. :thumb2...

Nice try........:D

I may get round to fitting one .. are they any better than doing it manually ..does it not put too much tension on the chain .?

It was easy to fit, worked well, and then left alone for the several years I had the FXDX. I had the Evo for less than a year, but I assume it worked as well as the FXDX.

Well fitted the new mount today.. piece of piss to change .10 mins max.. trolley jack under engine to take the weight then unbolted old mount and fitted new one in place tho I did have to raise the jack/engine up a good inch to align the bolt holes in the new mount ..shows how much the old one was goosed .. done up the bolts snug then fired it up and let it run for a few moments to settle itself in the mounts then tightened bolts down to recommended torque settings ..upon inspection of the old mount the rubber had deffo perished as I could move the inner part that bolts to the frame quite easily also it had a few cracks where it was bonded to the metal mounting..I think time not getting used then old engine oil on it had weakened it then when I started to ride it more spirited than it had been was too much for the rubber mounts ..anyhoo its done now ..jus wish this bloody rain would piss off so I can get out on it..tho later on the week its got a 200 mile round trip ..whether rain or shine ..

Are you running Avon’s? If so stick 4-5psi over recommended settings - really helps stability and cornering

Are you running Avon’s? If so stick 4-5psi over recommended settings - really helps stability and cornering

Hi I have fitted Avon Road Riders 2 bias ply as they were the only ones that I could get @ short notice ..Im running them @ the recommended psi in the manual ...30psi front ,36psi rear .. only done a couple of hundred miles on them so far ..

Run 36/42....

With your new mount - you will be amazed.....( it’s still not an R1 mind)

Well fitted the new mount today.. piece of piss to change .10 mins max.. trolley jack under engine to take the weight then unbolted old mount and fitted new one in place tho I did have to raise the jack/engine up a good inch to align the bolt holes in the new mount ..shows how much the old one was goosed .. done up the bolts snug then fired it up and let it run for a few moments to settle itself in the mounts then tightened bolts down to recommended torque settings ..upon inspection of the old mount the rubber had deffo perished as I could move the inner part that bolts to the frame quite easily also it had a few cracks where it was bonded to the metal mounting..I think time not getting used then old engine oil on it had weakened it then when I started to ride it more spirited than it had been was too much for the rubber mounts ..anyhoo its done now ..jus wish this bloody rain would piss off so I can get out on it..tho later on the week its got a 200 mile round trip ..whether rain or shine ..

......Ta.....:thumb2......

And that...

With decent rear suspension and a front fork service

yep fork oil change is nxt ..maybe new springs .. also wanting to fit mag wheels to it n get rid of the chrome spoked wheels ..and Ive sourced some black primary and oil tank casings also battery cover ,Im not a fan chrome I like to ride my bikes not polish them..

yep fork oil change is nxt ..maybe new springs .. also wanting to fit mag wheels to it n get rid of the chrome spoked wheels ..and Ive sourced some black primary and oil tank casings also battery cover ,Im not a fan chrome I like to ride my bikes not polish them..

get no oil on new front mount, it can destroy it quickly, rear mount is more solid, different build

Back
Top Bottom