Uploading picture - how to rotate

crazywakey

Madhouse Stuntman.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

The has no doubt been covered 100 times but I can't find a thread to explain how I can add a picture to my profile the right way up! I've added a pic of my new bike but it's on it's side, and I can't figure out how to rotate it or upload upright.

Any tips? Cheers

Hi all,

The has no doubt been covered 100 times but I can't find a thread to explain how I can add a picture to my profile the right way up! I've added a pic of my new bike but it's on it's side, and I can't figure out how to rotate it or upload upright.

Any tips? Cheers

I believe picture size has a lot to do with it, and the method of uploading ie from a pc as opposed to from your mobile

You have to rotate it on your own machine.

There is a non linear issue some people run into with images from digital cameras.
Most recent (if not all) digital cameras will save the "orientation" of a picture in its metadata, because the camera can sense its position.

What happens is that a photo can actually be sideways (the way it is described in the actual file) but any photo viewer flips it the correct way because it reads the metadata.

When you upload the same file to a webserver, most times, this doesn't happen (checking metadata for orientation). So the picture is displayed upside down or own the side.

In general: always re-save/export pictures before publishing them online. If not only for the "side" issue, also to resize them a bit.
Also, word of advice if I may, always export pictures you share online without any metadata if you can, or at least remove location (handy if you take pictures of your precious bike in your home).
Most services online generally re-process images when you upload them, but it's not always the case.

Hope it makes sense.

Most times that happens automatically when you re-save or export a picture.

Back
Top Bottom