New Rubber For my R122R Sport

My local bike workshop owner relates:

“I always remind customers to take it easy for the first 50 miles or so - to scrub the tyres in”

The odd customer states: “They’ll be scrubbed in by the time I get to the end of the road!”

“Hang on - I’ll just go and get my dustpan and brush............ “

I’m a fan of the Roadtecs, which give me the mileage and grip I want. Road5s are about £50 dearer per pair.

My local bike workshop owner relates:

“I always remind customers to take it easy for the first 50 miles or so - to scrub the tyres in”

The odd customer states: “They’ll be scrubbed in by the time I get to the end of the road!”

“Hang on - I’ll just go and get my dustpan and brush............ “

I’m a fan of the Roadtecs, which give me the mileage and grip I want. Road5s are about £50 dearer per pair.

Metzler do claim to have a release agent that makes scrubbing in unnecessary

I dont believe it and scrub them in

Fitted, by an awful company who I won't be using again, but they are on. Looking forward to some better weather to bed them in!
Ouch! Did you point that out to them? Difficult to prove they did it, I guess...

Metzler do claim to have a release agent that makes scrubbing in unnecessary

I dont believe it and scrub them in
I'd not heard that, but, funnily enough, last year I was in the local Yamaha dealership and they had various tyres on display in their parts area. I don't know why, but I pushed my thumb across the rubber on the Michelin 5s and it was slippery, but when I did the same on the Roadtec, it gripped. Not scientific, obviously, (and I carefully scrubbed in my new Roadtecs) but just maybe...

Back
Top Bottom