RT from a GS

I have recently just brought a R1250RT which we plan to us as our 2 up touring machine. I still have my R1250GS in the garage as well (I'm a bit spoilt) but they are quite different beasts. I love my GS and if I was only allowed 1 bike it would be the GS as it will do most things well. I can now put it back knobbies and enjoy some of our unsealed roads again. The RT is a great 2 up machine, I find there is more room between us on the seat and my wife likes the comfort the pillon seat and top case provide. She has become quite partial to the heated seat on some of the cooler rides. As far as handling goes I find the GS a little bit more nibble but the RT can hold its own when required and eats the kms in comfort. Being only around 172cm (5'7") we both find the RT easier to get on and off. I do find my knees a lot more bent on the RT but I have now gotten used to its ergonomics and find it very comfortable overall. As a 2 up tourer I don't think you can go pass the RT, it has plenty of punch and is still light enough to move around with relative ease.

Thanks for all your advice ,have bought a new 1250 with the option 719 with brown seats.I think it looks great,but more importantly so does the wife.Great buying here at the moment with BMW taking over $5000.00 off the rrp and dealer taking off dollars as well.I need to order a stand enlarger and cant make up my mind x-heads v BMW case protectors any suggestions and would you recommend a headlight protector ?Thanks for reading stay safe Dogmaboy

Yes BMW Au have had some good deals on existing stock. We picked up a RT demonstrator for a very good price over here in WA.
Givi do a side stand foot as well as head covers - I have just bolted up the Givi side stand foot and it works well. Lots of options for the GS but seems to be fairly limited in comparison with the RT trinkets.
https://www.givi.it/my-motorcycle/product/bmw/R+1200+RT+(14+>+18)/optionals/ES5113 -easy to purchase online

Back
Top Bottom