Stainless Mounting Bolt Set

mpgscott

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Has anyone used this bolt set in the past? It states for 2003 - 2007 but i would imagine there isnt much difference to 2010??

Looks a good price for what you get but wanted to get folks thoughts. Are they of decent quaility, has anyone experienced any issues with dissimilar metals? I would use sufficient grease to seat them and avoid any issues but want to get experiences.

Thanks
Mark

There is not a grade for the fasteners listed on this ebay listing that I could see.
Some of the stainless fasteners from china are A2-50 which are only marginally stronger than mild steel,do not use these in brake applications. They are alright for cosmetic applications.
If you must us stainless fasteners use A2-80 or A4-80 these still do not have the tensile strength of the stock 8.8 fasteners.
I would rather use stock bolts or grade 12.9 BZP fasteners which are a true upgrade and cheaper than stainless.

Never ever use anything other than high tensile gr 8.8. Stainless is fine for show, personally I wouldn’t use them on my motorbike except for body work/ panels.

Back
Top Bottom