Defence discount Service - anyone used them?

sleepyOwl

Reaction score
Just looking at the options for a new Exclusive and have a Defence Discount card

Motorrad offer discount via Motorfinity. You apply to them then they come back with discount.

Curious if anyone else has used this approach and if so what level of discount was achieved?

I havent enquired yet as the current offers run out on 30th June and Im waiting to see if there are any new offers through the normal channels

Thanks in advance

Just as a follow up to my own post I case of use to anyone in the future. The link takes you through to Park Lane BMW.
I didn’t take it any further than that.

For the sake of filling in a form, why not give them a go?
Motorsource is a similar thing (may be the same organisation) and used to display the figures. There were quite healthy discounts, 12-15% springs to mind

Just as a follow up to my own post I case of use to anyone in the future. The link takes you through to Park Lane BMW.
I didn’t take it any further than that.

Aren't Park Lane owned by BMW.

Park Lane offered a £2000 discount on a R1250GS about October last year.
1K from them and 1K from BMW
They told me they don't like taking PX in on on affinity deals and the price they offered was so low on my 2018, 8000 miles XR it didn't make the deal worthwhile and I didn't try any further negotiation
Instead I bought a pre-reg from North Oxford Motarrad that had 6 miles on it, registered May 2020 and had just over £2300 off list price
They also did a nice deal on a set of varios
All forces and military stuff goes through Park Lane as it is their flagship dealer and is owned by BMW Group UK

Also as a note, they wouldn't offer the Navigator 6 deal that was on offer - That only applies to retail sales

They also do the VIP sales
SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team and Employees.
European Tour Golf Professionals and Course Employees.
F1Team Drivers, Members and Group Employees.
MOTO GP Riders, Team Members and Group Employees.
Superbikes Team Members and Group Employees.
RPA Players, Team Members and Club Employees.
BRDC Drivers, Team Members and Group Employees.
BTCC Brivers, Team Members and Group Employees.
Aston Martin Group Employees.
McLaren Group Employees.

Thanks for the info. Just waiting to see what BMW deals are from 1st July (if any) and then get my haggling head on.

Park Lane offered a £2000 discount on a R1250GS about October last year.
1K from them and 1K from BMW
They told me they don't like taking PX in on on affinity deals and the price they offered was so low on my 2018, 8000 miles XR it didn't make the deal worthwhile and I didn't try any further negotiation
Instead I bought a pre-reg from North Oxford Motarrad that had 6 miles on it, registered May 2020 and had just over £2300 off list price
They also did a nice deal on a set of varios
All forces and military stuff goes through Park Lane as it is their flagship dealer and is owned by BMW Group UK

Also as a note, they wouldn't offer the Navigator 6 deal that was on offer - That only applies to retail sales

They also do the VIP sales
SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team and Employees.
European Tour Golf Professionals and Course Employees.
F1Team Drivers, Members and Group Employees.
MOTO GP Riders, Team Members and Group Employees.
Superbikes Team Members and Group Employees.
RPA Players, Team Members and Club Employees.
BRDC Drivers, Team Members and Group Employees.
BTCC Brivers, Team Members and Group Employees.
Aston Martin Group Employees.
McLaren Group Employees.

Can you remember if they delivered or was it collection only.?

Park Lane said they would deliver it from London to N Wales for a hundred

With regards the north oxford one, I rode down as I was desperate to get out and Wales was still locked down although they too did offer to deliver and collect my PX

Park Lane said they would deliver it from London to N Wales for a hundred

With regards the north oxford one, I rode down as I was desperate to get out and Wales was still locked down although they too did offer to deliver and collect my PX

Cheers for the reply.:beerjug:

AS above, was offered 2K off an exclusive, but didn't go with it.

The Defence Discount card is a good deal for any service person (being PC here) current or 'veteran' I'm in the latter group, for any of the multitude of ex/current Cops on here, which I am Ex, another option is a Blue Light Card, which will also lead you to Park Lane by the same route.

AS above, was offered 2K off an exclusive, but didn't go with it.

The Defence Discount card is a good deal for any service person (being PC here) current or 'veteran' I'm in the latter group, for any of the multitude of ex/current Cops on here, which I am Ex, another option is a Blue Light Card, which will also lead you to Park Lane by the same route.

I have both cards, got some reasonable discounts, but mostly the same for both.

I don’t think there’s anything much I’d buy on which they offer discount. Not even the sports wear or sex toys! :rob

DDC is great....saved significant amounts on cars, TVs, Virgin broadband etc. Recon over the years I have managed to get easily in excess of £10K in discounts....BUT you do have to watch for the deals....cars especially. New Mazda MX5 for my wife list price £25,500. Dealer discount was £1000 DDC was another £4K ordered to our spec. 3 week later DDC was under £1000. Different manufacturers have different approaches. BMW for example only allow a certain allocation of cars each year and when they are gone that's it...no more discount.

Back
Top Bottom