Best black forest and region map

kingsol007

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi fokes.
Just checking on recommendation for black forest and region map. As a back up for the usual sat nav routes
Thanks.
Kings

This is what you need, can be picked up at any tourist info place in the area.

4de35349a58ccec98639ad4a279f4452.jpg
846de2b64889f50f877c1beba642b2c1.jpg

Maps are personal things. what look 'right' to one person might well not look 'right' to another. Someone who wants every small village and goat track, will request something very different to somebody who wants to ride the B500.

Michelin are certainly popular, but there's lots to chose from, including: ADAC, FALK, Marco Polo, K+F, Feytag & Berndt. They each have their own merits, scales and levels of detail.

Agreed, I've got loads of Michelin maps for the Alps and Pyrenees though found this one while in the area and a lot more detailed although it's fecking massive.

I am a bit old school and enjoy scanning a good map and not totally reliant on the sat nav.
Considering my norway trip was cancelled this month a black forest trip I. Aug is needed badly

I use the nav to get me there after researching a nice route down on google. I take a Michelin map as back up . I’ve already planned my ride routes into the nav, but when in the area, I get a decent map , again as back up, and also for looking at local places not really showing on google maps .

The area you are travelling too, will and dies have much more detailed maps, they can be sourced in plenty of fuel stations

Hi fokes.
Just checking on recommendation for black forest and region map. As a back up for the usual sat nav routes
Thanks.
Kings

Now we have recommendations for: Michelin, Feytag & Berndt and Falk. I told you they were personal things, just like gloves and helmets, where everyone has their favourites. That being said, maps are so cheap, you could probably buy all of them and be using them still in 10 years and maybe still not decide which was king. Enjoy your holiday, no matter which map you chose.

Haa Haa plenty of options there
Did Michelin maps as a few advised
Amazon of course 🙈

I got tired of carrying 2 or 3 regional Michelin maps as they were a bugger to open up on a wet day at the roadside.

Much as I also love browsing maps, I now carry one ring bound Michelin book type map. I find it easier to use on the road.

ps - a scrap of paper stuck inside page 1 lists all the pages for the towns or points of interest during the trip. Handy when crossing borders. Of course many places appear on more than one page.

Attachments

• 3443289F-F41F-4200-B0D5-8C61B525CCFB.jpg
    3443289F-F41F-4200-B0D5-8C61B525CCFB.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 249

Back
Top Bottom