Which oil filter removal tool do folks recommend??

mpgscott

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

Which oil filter removal tool do people recomend 2010 R1200GS? I want to try and avoid having a drawer full of the things last time bought the wrong one even though it stated it was, so it ended up being a screwdriver through it which i hate having to do, so want to be prepared this time.

Thanks in advance..

I know that i need one, im currently offshore and cant check it so thought i would ask. I know the tools i currently have do not fit it im afraid..

The op`s bike is a 2010 R1200GS so will be a Mahle OC306 filter the same as all the hexheads.
Agree order from motorworks or motobins , tell them what the bike is and stick with Mahle filters.

This is the one I use on my 2010 GSA.
619b71301cd5ab2b20d3ef2e6caf169e.jpg

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

torx / hex socket driven? bonkers. spend a fraction of it on a normal one and fit ratchet directly!

That’s very nice but no good for the bike in question, go for 76mm 12 flute, buy Mahle 306 and don’t ask which oil to use.

Well, I searched for my own motorcycle on NN's website and it looks like I might have found the wrong one, despite the words R1200GS (mark 3 2010 on) in the middle of the page. The correct Wunderlich remover fits an OC306 perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom