Queation on Exhausts as just about to pull the trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adventure Boy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Guys
just about to pull the trigger and trade my 2017 RT for a 2018 RS but ive got an Akrapovic on the RT that just cost me close to £900 and dont want to have to sell it but dont know if it will fit the RS
im sure ive seen that they fit somewhare but need to know for sure as thats the deal breaker

also if anyone knows if the RT top box fits the RS

Cheers Guys
Rob

Not sure to be honest. I suspect the main frame of both bikes is the same, but the rear foot rest hangers will be different, and the exhaust may need some bracketry alteration to fit. Best way would be to whip it off your bike and size it up next to the RS.
As for the topbox, any topbox can be made to fit any bike. My current topbox has been on several bikes.

Thanks for the reply If I had both bikes here I would have done that and not needed to ask the question
as for the top box the question, that was weather the top box from a RT fits an RS not weather you can make it fit

I have a brand new Akrapovic Exhaust on the RT and would prefer to use that on the RS without having to go through the agro of selling it on ebay and buying another one for the RS and loosing £400 in the process
and the top box I have id like to keep as well but would only do that if its a straight fit would not start drilling and messing with the fittings of a £1100 top box
Rob

Hi Guys
just about to pull the trigger and trade my 2017 RT for a 2018 RS but ive got an Akrapovic on the RT that just cost me close to £900 and dont want to have to sell it but dont know if it will fit the RS
im sure ive seen that they fit somewhare but need to know for sure as thats the deal breaker

also if anyone knows if the RT top box fits the RS

Cheers Guys
Rob

Just been on their website and though not a great help they have different code numbers, best to ring them and check if they are open at this time. You can use their on line contact form

Graham

Cheers Guys
After doing the deal and paying the balance the steeler then hit me with £300 for delivery and delivery was in with the deal from the off. so I told him to piss off and stick the bike,
today a mate pulled up on a 17 plate RS and I had a go on it and to be honest I was delighted that the deal fell through. The RS would need a better screen for me and bar risers and the omission of the heated seat meant the Mrs would not be happy LOL, I didnt think it was any faster than my RT or did it handle any better.
I might try the 1250 RS for a test ride but in all honesty im getting the prick with BMW dealers who think they have the Holly Grail for sale and can attempt to dry fist you once the deal has been sorted and the money was paid !!

I bought a Honda CB1100EX last week as my jump on bike and the dealer was a proper gentleman nothing was too much trouble and delivered the bike collected the part exchange from 85 miles further than where the BMW was coming from for £99 if he can make money what the fuck is BMW trying to make at 3 times the price ??
Closing the thread now guys
Thanks
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom