Ducati sat nav mount on Pikes Peak Multistrada

Nutty

Reaction score
Has anyone here got the Ducati sat nav mount (pictured) on their Pikes Peak? If so, does the nav sit behind the screen, or do you need to fit the larger screen from the 1260S?

Attachments

• C6E14D88-838C-436D-AE5F-7659485A60E9.jpg
    C6E14D88-838C-436D-AE5F-7659485A60E9.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 671
Evotech (corrected) with Nav 5 and BWM cradle for me, does what it says on the tin :okay

Not the best pics........

i-mRDFQqR-XL.jpg

i-84W6qsh-XL.jpg

https://evotech-performance.com/collections/all/products/ep-garmin-compatible-sat-nav-mount-ducati-multistrada-1260-s-grand-tour-2020-onwards

I have that Nav holder on my Enduro and have my old BM Nav 6 adjusted to fit. The screen on the Enduro is taller maybe than the screen on the standard bike? The Nav 6 has to be positioned in the portrait position rather than the more conventional landscape otherwise it fouls the screen.

I can post a couple of pictures up if you want?

Thanks chaps, but I’m not being clear, sorry. :blast

I’m looking to get the pikes peak screen for my bike, and wanted to check if the Ducati sat nav mount will fit behind it?

I have the iconic parts sat nav mount for a Garmin 595

AFAIK the iconic is exactly the same as the Ducati one just cheaper and it does fit behind the PP screen but only just if you don't obscure the Dash

Nutty

If you get the Duc one the sat nav holding bracket is designed and drilled to take Duc sat nav and mount only, if you buy the Iconic parts one its bracket is drilled
To take any sat nav mount and is as sturdy as the Duc one just make sure you use the spongy pads in the right spots to get a secure fit. As Rick said it fits behind a PP screen easily, and its about same price as the Duc one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nutty

If you get the Duc one the sat nav holding bracket is designed and drilled to take Duc sat nav and mount only, if you buy the Iconic parts one its bracket is drilled
To take any sat nav mount and is as sturdy as the Duc one just make sure you use the spongy pads in the right spots to get a secure fit. As Rick said it fits behind a PP screen easily, and its about same price as the Duc one.

Thanks mate, I've already got the Ducati nav mount, and the same screen as you, but am getting the PP screen for more airflow, so wanted to make sure it'll fit behind the PP screen.

The dealer has sent me a picture of a TomTom on a PP, and it sticks above slightly, but apparently the PP screen can be raised slightly.

Thanks mate, I've already got the Ducati nav mount, and the same screen as you, but am getting the PP screen for more airflow, so wanted to make sure it'll fit behind the PP screen.

The dealer has sent me a picture of a TomTom on a PP, and it sticks above slightly, but apparently the PP screen can be raised slightly.

There is no movement or adjustment on my PP screen and as you will know the nav moves up with the screen adjustment

There is no movement or adjustment on my PP screen and as you will know the nav moves up with the screen adjustment

When he mentioned it, I thought that sounded odd, so have asked him to tell me how to do it. :D

Am I being a bit thick then, does the pp screen not fix to the same three fixing holes and does it not lift the same as the standard screen, Rick when we fitted your nav I could swear I adjusted it up to make sure I cable ties the unit with max cable length? Are ya sure it doesn’t adjust?

It does lift , but I think the bracket might be attached.
And the PP screen is best in its lower position I found.

It does lift , but I think the bracket might be attached.
And the PP screen is best in its lower position I found.

Ah ok, that tallies up with what the dealer said then. :thumb

Got the screen fitted now. The Ducati sat nav mount has three height settings, so on the lowest setting, the XT sits below, just, but the corners are exposed ever so slightly. It’s a worthwhile mod. :beerjug:

Attachments

• 575C314D-BC3E-4F51-9A9D-1B21D0F3B656.jpg
    575C314D-BC3E-4F51-9A9D-1B21D0F3B656.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 343

Back
Top Bottom