Shoei neotec 2

MAR.600

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
Looking for some advice I have had a few shoei helmets. But now going to try a neotec 2 never had a flip helmet before .
What is it like for wind noise any info would be great
Thanks
Martin

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Soz if in wrong blog

Soz if in wrong blog

I think you as the "owner" of this thread could move it to the equipment section.

Re Neotec 2 it can be annoying at times depending on wind direction/strength - see various reports from different riders regarding various screens used vs. riders heights.
A bit noisier than a full face but widely regarded as the "best" flip.
As always other may have a view...........

Thanks for that
Already did that yesterday.
Closed thread

I have a Schuberth c3 pro and very pleased with it with ear plugs as well the noise is really good and I have tinnitus.

I have a Schuberth c3 pro and very pleased with it with ear plugs as well the noise is really good and I have tinnitus.

Just goes to prove everyone is different. I have owned the Schuberth C3 Pro for 5 years and it is by far the worst helmet I have ever had the misfortune to wear. The neck roll pins are a joke and break needing repair, the helmet makes my ears heart if worn for a long time and the visor lets in a think spray of water when it is raining. I have now dumped it for a Neotec 2, which is by far a really comfortable helmet and I have had no issues. Noise wise, a flip will never be as quiet as a full face, but for me, the plus of the flip wins over

I got one about 2 weeks ago and posted this in another post:

OK, got 500 miles on it last week so can now say a bit about it.

Go a size smaller than the measurements say - I'm almost 59 measured, but had to send the 59/60 back and get a 57/58 which is super comfortable without crushing my face. The chin strap clip is a bit fiddle compared to some, it's slightly to the side instead of the middle, so harder to clip in, but not difficult. Noise wise I'd say it's average but has better ventilation than my Shark Evoline 3. The fittings for the Senna intercom are a pain as I use a cardo, so had to mess about a bit to get it to fit, but it can be done. I found it dry in the rain with no misting or leaks, but it was only a few 10 minuet showers, so not a great test. The pin lock system does cut down the light transmission a bit, so I may remove it unless I'm expecting to get caught in the rain as it made it more difficult to read the sat nav V. The visor clips closed nicely, but if it's open one click to get good air flow then the lip is in your line of sight for the sat nav, and with the pin lock in that is a pain. The sun shield is ok, but not that dark, a darker one would be needed for abroad or used with sun glasses. The half face system is ok, but if you click it to fully open it does give you a bit of neck strain at the point of opening/closing it from that final position as it has an "open" and "ride open" kind of two settings set up. It's not the lightest of helmets being a flip face, but I honestly didn't really notice it much, so unless your used to a super light carbon job you probably won't notice it either.

Overall a nice helmet, but not much better than my Evoline 3 TBH and not worth it's current three times the price.

James

Just goes to prove everyone is different. I have owned the Schuberth C3 Pro for 5 years and it is by far the worst helmet I have ever had the misfortune to wear. The neck roll pins are a joke and break needing repair, the helmet makes my ears heart if worn for a long time and the visor lets in a think spray of water when it is raining. I have now dumped it for a Neotec 2, which is by far a really comfortable helmet and I have had no issues. Noise wise, a flip will never be as quiet as a full face, but for me, the plus of the flip wins over

I returned mine as well from water ingress and constant misting. Granted it was quiet for me and felt plush but just did not function in wet weather. Got a full refund after a year

Back
Top Bottom