Shoei neotec 2

MAR.600

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

Looking for some advice I have had a few shoei helmets. But now going to try a neotec 2 never had a flip helmet before .

What is it like for wind noise any info would be great

Thanks

Martin

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi Martin

I'm on my second Neotec having had the 1 previously and now the 2. The 2 is quiet and definitely much quieter than the 1 and for me it s much more like a conventional full face with regard to fit and style just with the benefit of the flip front.

The 2 also has the flip down internal visor which is great, has good venting and is certified to be used flipped up as well. I would def recommend this on my own experiences but will be subject to how this fits you

Good luck with the decisions!

Hi
Thanks for the advice . I have had 3 shoei helmets latest one being the gt air .
I still thought it was a bit noisy to be honest . Probably help with a different screen possibly.
Looking at the neo 2 the bike shops opening up here tomorrow . So going to try one on. I take a large in lid size .
Silly question really are the flips any different in size probably not ?
Cheers
Martin

I swapped my Neotec 1 for a 2 in Feb. The Helmet is very good, I did find it a bit tighter over the brow, but that has bedded in now, so all ok. I also have a C3 Pro, I don't really fine either noisy, but that will depend on the screen. Ride different bikes, on my RT I don't use ear plugs but on others I do.

Hi
Thanks for the advice . I have had 3 shoei helmets latest one being the gt air .
I still thought it was a bit noisy to be honest . Probably help with a different screen possibly.
Looking at the neo 2 the bike shops opening up here tomorrow . So going to try one on. I take a large in lid size .
Silly question really are the flips any different in size probably not ?
Cheers
Martin

I have a Shoei Neotech 1 ( bought off here) on sizing I would say just try the lid with the chin piece closed for most of the helmet fit, why............ What I notice with mine which is a large, is as the chin piece opens the cheekpads loosen up as the shell springs open.

I only noticed it on long 3 plus hour continuous rides when I started to feel the pressure. It is easily solved as when you release the chin piece it doesn’t immediately lift. Sounds stupid but when you are trying the lid on on , the novelty of the flip front will mean you will have that up more than 50% of the time in the shop. On the bike its 90:10 closed or down.

I cant comment on wind noise as A mines a 1 and be most of my riding is done with a screen or fairing.

I too went from a Neotec 1 (it was my first flip-up). Now a year in with the Neotec 2.

I'm pleased with the quality of the helmet. After time the little details really start to show themselves. Which is good because it's not a cheap lid. I also got the SRL at the same time - which I'm mostly pleased with (I'm only using the intercom with a passenger).

I have a 1200 GSA and I find the screen really effective, so I am unsure which bikes you'll be riding. With the cursor down I found it to be pretty quiet, quieter than the Neotec 1. For what it is, I also think the helmet is quite light (1.3kg I think).

Having very recently ridden in some biblical rain, on the motorway, your over an hour, I don't think a single drop of water got in! That is also a first - something always used to get in, even just a few drops. Around the visit was totally dry and the built-in 'neck collar' means you're all sealed in.

After a year I'm still really pleased with it. And being a flip-up means shops and fuel stops are super convenient.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I’ve recently got a Neotec 2, after several Arai. The Shoei is beautifully made and very quiet, my only complaint is that the vents aren’t nearly as good as the Arai and I spend a lot of time with the visor cracked open.

I’ve just changed from a 12 yearly old (I know) Multitec to a Neotec 2. The internal visor is brilliant and the padding can be changed with different sizes available from Visorshop.
I love to be able to ride with the chin piece up and the screen in its highest setting.
15a00f135c15054e44852981cf52a978.jpg

9939de958c619409503a1d8461bc0b12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve just changed from a 12 yearly old (I know) Multitec to a Neotec 2. The internal visor is brilliant and the padding can be changed with different sizes available from Visorshop.
I love to be able to ride with the chin piece up and the screen in its highest setting.
15a00f135c15054e44852981cf52a978.jpg

9939de958c619409503a1d8461bc0b12.jpg

Nice choice . Haven't seen that paint offering. Looks great.

It’s custom by Liquid Colour Design.
acbc1b1a10022af57a1c3b2014e171e8.jpg

4b2c2aa5e9d3beef9cc2f65ef46ca678.jpg

ee2f49eb183ffe5e89002d4181d23516.jpg

Ahhh. I like it! I've never had a lid custom painted. No idea what the cost is like? Presumably you get a really good finish?!

Yes. It is hand painted, so you can see small imperfections. This guy only does lids.

https://www.liquidcolourdesign.com

Prices start from about £600.

Just had a look. They're around the corner from the rest of my family! Lol.

I think you've gone for a really cool design. Lots of the others are really busy. Colour scheme also really good. I'm rather envious

Cheers. I’ve had that design for about 15 years now. In various colours. He did a great job and really quick. Impressive studio too.

Back
Top Bottom