Motorcycle auto electrician required Nr. Herefordshire - any recommendations?

Oddly, I never wanted to own this out of warranty. I paid for an extended warranty.

for 10 years..

Only needed a fuel pump regulator..

I guess I was lucky.. :)

I was recommended to try Stroud Motorcycles.

To be fair I cannot fault Cotswold Motorrad.

Rob Garrett in after sales is professional,helpful and polite.

:thumb2

I found this:
"TIP: Older 1200GSs – make sure you have the latest UCU software upgrades as there was a problem ) on 04 and 05 1200’s where the CANbus system was not shutting down aux sockets etc after ingnition switch off. TEST: see if the hazard warning switch “light” on the left handlebar goes out after 30 to 60 seconds. If not the software upgrade is required".

It seems my bike has not had this upgrade.
Get the dealer to check the Outstanding "Campaigns" against the frame number They would be real Dicks if they had not done this when the bike came in

Yes First Generation 1200s had this issue! and we flashed quite a few with new software (make sure the garage have a battery tender on if they are flashing the ECU if it goes below a certain voltage its a C*** to recover! "IF" you manage to recover at all )

I have been trying to sort out the issue with the bike over the last few days, I fitted a Shido lithium-ion battery which gave me more space in the battery area, I fitted a circuit isolation switch on the earth cable.
Why and Why??? LI Ion do NOT give the same capacity for cranking particularly in cold weather!

By totally disconnecting the battery ECu's go to sleep and have to relearn throttle settings etc

I then found the bike would barely run, clearly running very rich.
[/COLOR] I took the plugs out and cleaned them with a small blow torch. I then took off the Dynajet Power commander unit,as far as I know returning the system to standard, finding some connectors were dry and corroded, in particular the throttle position connector on the left, I cleaned and WD40'd them. The bike will not run.

You have done a shitload of work Sort of like cutting the barrels off a side by side shotgun and entering a clay pigeon shoot!!

Where do you even start to sort through what is what !!

P.S. The independent mechanic told me they had cleaned and lubed all the connectors, no they had not. The connectors I undid to remove the Dynajet kit were dry and corroded. I suspect the diode issue is the origional problem, but it looks like something else is wrong now too. I have just replaced all the discs, pads, tyres oil and filter...
Okay Did you do the Air filter?? Even just Did you have the tank lifted?? If you did you likely pulled the cable on the left throttle and the TPS sitting open and telling the ECU "Bung in more fuel I am at 45 degrees here!!" as per purple bit above

Any suggestions? Apart from set fire to it.. And buy a Honda.

Check the throttle cables are seated correctly remove anything not standard and start from scratch instead of firing blindly into the sky at clays 100 yards away

"Why and Why??? LI Ion do NOT give the same capacity for cranking particularly in cold weather!

By totally disconnecting the battery ECu's go to sleep and have to relearn throttle settings etc"

I followed the throttle procedure to reset the position.. :)

" Did you have the tank lifted?? If you did you likely pulled the cable on the left throttle and the TPS sitting open and telling the ECU "Bung in more fuel I am at 45 degrees here!!"

Bike ran fine after the tank was off by independent guy, tank not off since. Air filter is clean.

Air filter is clean, the bike ran fine after the tank was off and on..

It's a puzzle..

:)

Bike went to Steve at Motoscot, I think he will fettle it..

Thanks, folks. I will update in due course..

:)

Back
Top Bottom