Wild camping in the Kielder Forest

Thanks, there's 3 of us in total and we're all bringing our own accomodation (tents) so a combination of campsites and wild camping..

Camping not until the 15th, wild or sites per govt website:

Those who want to camp in tents in the wild, or in campsites using shared facilities, are asked to wait until we confirm that Scotland’s tourism sector can re-open. We hope to do this on 15 July 2020.

I thought that was all changing on the 15th?

Camping not until the 15th, wild or sites per govt website:

Those who want to camp in tents in the wild, or in campsites using shared facilities, are asked to wait until we confirm that Scotland’s tourism sector can re-open. We hope to do this on 15 July 2020.

:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

We’re heading to the lakes on the 13th and aiming for Scotland on the 15th...

Not sure of any wild camping, but Kielder campsite is run by the village. It's a nice little site with the best shower I've ever taken on a campsite. It's cheap and if it's a clear night you have the added benefit of it being in the middle of a 'Dark Skies' area.
I've stayed there about 10 times I would think, but sadly only once on a clear night. It was pretty spectacular.

Not sure of any wild camping, but Kielder campsite is run by the village. It's a nice little site with the best shower I've ever taken on a campsite. It's cheap and if it's a clear night you have the added benefit of it being in the middle of a 'Dark Skies' area.
I've stayed there about 10 times I would think, but sadly only once on a clear night. It was pretty spectacular.

What's the pub like in the village (normally)?

A copy&paste from their refreshingly down to earth website.:D

IMPORTANT PLANNING UPDATE: THE ANGLERS ARMS WILL NOT BE OPENING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Please bring your own tipple. We ask all visitors to respect both the site and your fellow campers by not being
one of those persons that once outside and laced with alcohol becomes an instant A-hole. You get the drift.

https://kieldercampsite.co.uk/
I'm loving this campsite already.:thumb2:beerjug:

A copy&paste from their refreshingly down to earth website.:D

IMPORTANT PLANNING UPDATE: THE ANGLERS ARMS WILL NOT BE OPENING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Please bring your own tipple. We ask all visitors to respect both the site and your fellow campers by not being
one of those persons that once outside and laced with alcohol becomes an instant A-hole. You get the drift.

https://kieldercampsite.co.uk/
I'm loving this campsite already.:thumb2:beerjug:

I've thought before about combining it with a visit to Dent and maybe a night across west somewhere, nice wee 3 night trip

Just come across this; wankers ; these are the very sort you want to furcough on a plane somewhere else. Found the Tossers coment funny; although these specimens are nothing like the tossers i know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200707-104530.jpg
    Screenshot_20200707-104530.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Screenshot_20200707-104519.jpg
    Screenshot_20200707-104519.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 181

Back
Top Bottom