Offset seat lowering bungs

Rowle

Reaction score
Hi all,
Not sure if any of you have tried these offset seat lower things but i had a cheap pair delivered off ebay yesterday - bloomin great !

Sat on bike = both balls of feet on the floor.
Changed the bungs over (2 mins) and now one foot flat and the other on ball of foot.
Probably10-15mm lower i guess.

Every little bit helps - i can recommend them for £7 !

Attachments

• 70A53F65-74C4-429D-8826-912D006FCA43.jpeg
    70A53F65-74C4-429D-8826-912D006FCA43.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 534
theoretically yes, however you would need to stop them slowly returning to a low position.

I use a pair to raise the seat, and it does help, but for me, it would be nicer if the seat didn’t try to tip you towards the tank so much.

I'm trying these out at the moment. Was worried about sliding forward but so far it doesn't feel too bad. I don't slide forward like on my old K1300S.

I use a pair to raise the seat, and it does help, but for me, it would be nicer if the seat didn’t try to tip you towards the tank so much.

Do what I did and replace the alloy mount that the bungs fit onto with one from an R1200RT LC , on a gs it lifts the nose of the front seat and gives a flatter seating position

Interesting, how much does it raise the front by ?

With the rt mount on high setting and the rear of the seat on low it gives a totally flat seat profile so you do not slip forward into the tank.
Bought mine used for about £10 and it has been on two r1200gsa wc bikes , combine it with the offset front rubbers and you can have the seat nose high or use it with the offset front rubbers and the rear of the seat high it again gives a flat seat profile just taller

You can also get the longer front seat brackets for a few quid.

Turn them t’other way up and they raise the front of the seat by 10mm.

Helps a bit for us lanky types.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom