What do you carry ?

Rowle

Reaction score
So, just sold my touring harley and bought a GS :)
On the harley i carried all sorts of tools, waterproofs, puncture kits, gloves, etc etc etc.

I am trying to keep the weight down on the GS (one of the main reasons for getting rid of the harley). Every time i look at the kit I used to carry i keep thinking “ i MIGHT” need that .......

Any suggestions as to what you lot carry in the panniers to keep it light but have some sensible items just in case ?

Thanks all - appreciate the Feedback. :bow:bow

So, just sold my touring harley and bought a GS :)
On the harley i carried all sorts of tools, waterproofs, puncture kits, gloves, etc etc etc.

I am trying to keep the weight down on the GS (one of the main reasons for getting rid of the harley). Every time i look at the kit I used to carry i keep thinking “ i MIGHT” need that .......

Any suggestions as to what you lot carry in the panniers to keep it light but have some sensible items just in case ?

Thanks all - appreciate the Feedback. :bow:bow

That depend on where you plan to drive. In the western world I would bring my phone and my credit card.

Currently have in the touratech toolbox :
Stop N Go puncture repair kit
Electric Air pump
A Few Torx bits
Zip Ties
Insulation Tape
A few tie down straps
Anything more serious than that I have my flexible friend in my wallet

Water proofs, tubeless puncture repair kit, foot pump and Leatherman multi-tool :)

That was my thoughts.
Also, just bought a new leatherman wave plus with the toolkit - great bit of kit.
Have used leatherman for years and cannot fault them.

The stop and go kit and zip ties are a must have i agree.

Spare Drive shaft splines:hide

I just use the top box for every day rides, and carry a puncture repair kit, Electric air pump, Leatherman, Torx bits, zip ties, insulation tape, small first aid kit............But no waterproofs as it never rains down here in the Summer...;) I do carry a big bottle of water though.

Electric pump, squashed flat small roll of gaffer tape, self amalgamating tape, leatherman wave, tiny socket set with torx adapters up to Tx50, pair of gloves, 10 Mt's 3mm paracord, lighter, sticky string puncture kit, head torch, zip ties, 8 inch adjustable spanner.
The whole lot fits in the tourtech tool box.

I have a Bumot toolbox with a rocky creek pump and multi-tool + a dyna plug repair kit.

Electric air pump
Dynaplug
Pressure gauge
Tyre weld
Gerber multi tool with torx bits(much better than leatherman)
Zip ties
Side stand puck
Duck tape
small medi kit
Large black bin liner
1" wide webbing strap with buckle
water
a couple of flap jacks
I am sure i have missed something.

All this is kept in a BMW tankbag that lives on the bike.
When I go touring with the boys my bike is the mothership and everything I carry has been used at some time.

Electric air pump
Dynaplug
Pressure gauge
Tyre weld
Gerber multi tool with torx bits(much better than leatherman)
Zip ties
Side stand puck
Duck tape
small medi kit
Large black bin liner
1" wide webbing strap with buckle
water
a couple of flap jacks
I am sure i have missed something.

All this is kept in a BMW tankbag that lives on the bike.
When I go touring with the boys my bike is the mothership and everything I carry has been used at some time.

You forgot trail mix and a big bag of Dorritos.

Back
Top Bottom