Nav on the R1200 RT

Lucasuk

Reaction score
Hi Guys

So getting the bike in a couple of days and no not excited at all like a big kid :)

The question i have is about satnav. It has the prep so I have started looking for a Navigator 5
I have been offered a Garmin 660lm which i understand is the same as a Nav 4

Question i have, is there much different between the 660 and the newer Nav 5?
I am guessing the Nav 5 being a newer model it will be quicker with rerouting etc...
I wondering if i should hold out to get a Nav 5 or just pick up the 660lm

Cheers

Luke

Hi Guys

So getting the bike in a couple of days and no not excited at all like a big kid :)

The question i have is about satnav. It has the prep so I have started looking for a Navigator 5
I have been offered a Garmin 660lm which i understand is the same as a Nav 4

Question i have, is there much different between the 660 and the newer Nav 5?
I am guessing the Nav 5 being a newer model it will be quicker with rerouting etc...
I wondering if i should hold out to get a Nav 5 or just pick up the 660lm

Cheers

Luke

I went from having a 660 on my RT to a Nav V, quicker to calculate and larger screen. Then I sold the V and went for a VI better again, been really happy with the V and VI and to be fair went all over Europe with the 660 as well.

Nav v works fine on my Rt if you do get one it’s worth getting the Oldtimers lock for those moments you’re temporarily away from the machine.

So is the Nav 5 a big jump from the 660? The nav 5 seem to be going for high money on ebay at the moment so want to make sure its worth it or just grab a 660lm for the time being if that makes sense.

So is the Nav 5 a big jump from the 660? The nav 5 seem to be going for high money on ebay at the moment so want to make sure its worth it or just grab a 660lm for the time being if that makes sense.

Nav V come up on here quite often, I bought one for our blood bike group last year for £295. I personally think the V was quite a jump, both in processing power and size of screen. But its like everything its a personal choice, I had a 660 for 5 years and it was fine.

Ok cheers guys for the advice. I also take it the wheel thing on the handle bar will also not work with a 660?
Not 100% sure what it does to be honest :)

On an RT the wonder wheel functions with the Nav 5 or 6 are very limited - you have to go into the bike menu and fiddle, by which time you're in a ditch...

Nav 4 is same as 660 but works with the wizzing wheel. Screen is crap though. I have one on my Rt. The garmin zumo340lm I have on my r1150gs is much easier to read in bright light.

Back
Top Bottom