Front paddock stand

Malcvtr

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m thinking of changing my tyres, so also thinking about a front paddock stand for wheel removal. Any recommendations? Several stands mention possibly not fitting bikes with radial brakes...

Or do you just stick a plank across the headers and jack it up?

Cheers

There are various options discussed on the R1200R Forum ............ https://www.r1200rforum.com/threads/stand-mount-for-maintenance.38002/

Personally, whilst I may steady a bike with support under the headers as a precaution, I wouldn't jack the the front of the bike by that means.

These days, despite having accumulated pretty much every paddock stand type available in my garage loft, I am lazy & pay the small premium to get tyres fitted at the local shop - they usually cut a favourable deal to get the ride in/out business.

Just followed the link. Not much about front paddock stands, unfortunately. I might just have to take the plunge and buy one

FWIW

I have used those that fit onto fork legs under the calliper mountings; those with lugs that fit into the lugs holes at the bottom of each fork leg; and those that have the rocker type of fitting that the bottom of the fork legs sits on. I would not use the last type (rocker) again. They are too unstable in my view. The other types have been used successfully without issue, but are more expensive.

A good friend of mine had his bike fall from the rocker type of front stand, causing damage to his bodywork. So when he used it next, he also jacked up the bike on the header pipes (I/L 4 Cyl). In the middle of Portugal on tour the headers failed at a weld!

FYI.

FWIW

I have used those that fit onto fork legs under the calliper mountings; those with lugs that fit into the lugs holes at the bottom of each fork leg; and those that have the rocker type of fitting that the bottom of the fork legs sits on. I would not use the last type (rocker) again. They are too unstable in my view. The other types have been used successfully without issue, but are more expensive.

A good friend of mine had his bike fall from the rocker type of front stand, causing damage to his bodywork. So when he used it next, he also jacked up the bike on the header pipes (I/L 4 Cyl). In the middle of Portugal on tour the headers failed at a weld!

FYI.
Very helpful indeed! Thank you

Back
Top Bottom