Mpg

Should be more but depends how you ride it. My previous Gsa was 2015 and use to average over 50mpg with solo riding, two up with luggage around 45mpg. My current late 2018 gsa 1200 is around the the same. If you ride like an old man 60+ is achievable....

My 2018 GSA does around 64mpg in gentle use with light load, but in fun mode generally 56 mpg ish. As the mileage has increased so has the consumption. Have you given it a bit of a blow out then reset the computer to zero & ridden it in varying ways and on differing terrain to get a baseline of what the bike is telling you ?

have you pressed the reset button to clear it then start again .you could of course work it out by how many litres you put in by how many miles you have done
.mine normally shows anywhere between 46 and 52 mpg

try this
https://www.mpg-calculator.co.uk/

No idea on mpg but my 68 plate R1200 GSA does 205-220 miles per tank until the warning hits

When its empty fill it up.Easy

Check it is not set to US gallons. My car was set to it for years before I noticed.

My 2018 GSA does around 64mpg in gentle use with light load, but in fun mode generally 56 mpg ish. As the mileage has increased so has the consumption. Have you given it a bit of a blow out then reset the computer to zero & ridden it in varying ways and on differing terrain to get a baseline of what the bike is telling you ?

I really do not believe you are getting anywhere near an actual 64mpg. I owned the same model and same year bike and even riding it as gently as possible in a high gear on a flat road with no panniers or headwind (and also the 2 previous 1200GSAs I’ve had) - I’ve never seen more than about 54mpg. The moment speeds increase, you put panniers on or you hit traffic you’re looking at high 40s at best. It’s just not that efficient as an engine, even running as lean as it does.

Back
Top Bottom