Tell me a hotel near Calais

Hotel La Sapiniere looks fantastic. Very decent menus in restaurant too. How have I missed this?!?

It’s a great hotel. Just make sure they give you the wine you order, as they gave me a much more expensive bottle, and were annoyed when I refused to pay the difference. It was rather tasty though! :D

I didn’t think you had a passport?

I don't.
Not for the last two or three years.

What of it?

Going into Europe no longer feels different enough to be bothered going, and the experience no longer justifies the cost.
I've no great desire to ride to or in any other foreign country, and I won't do aeroplane/resort type holidays, so I've got no need of having a passport anymore.

I don't.

What of it?

Going into Europe no longer feels different enough to be bothered going, and the experience no longer justifies the cost.
I've no great desire to ride to or in any other foreign country, and I won't do aeroplane/resort type holidays, so I've got no need of having a passport anymore.

You’re right !!

Why bother going to the Dolomites or Picos when you can go to Snowdonia and have egg and chips ! Europe has very little to offer.It’s all very similar.

You’re right !!

Why bother going to the Dolomites or Picos when you can go to Snowdonia and have egg and chips ! Europe has very little to offer.It’s all very similar.

:jes:jes:jes

Don't get me wrong, I love Scotland for biking roads, but FFS - hardly compares to Pyrenees/Alps/Ardeche..............

Throw in the weather, the food - and I'll be heading south every time.

Don't get me wrong, I love Scotland for biking roads, but FFS - hardly compares to Pyrenees/Alps/Ardeche..............

Throw in the weather, the food - and I'll be heading south every time.

Really ???

472affed8b55280fa63cde12bd6d8745.jpg

17aa612b116d04cb7285dcd0101f120a.jpg

Can you get bombarded by midges in the Picos ? Get charged £5 a pint ,served by a miserable impenetrable local ?

Really ???

Can you get bombarded by midges in the Picos ? Get charged £5 a pint ,served by a miserable impenetrable local ?

In a rush?

South......... Heading 180deg if that helps

I don't.

What of it?

Head north for a suitable atmosphere:)

97396ce05c873456e58786cbb1d66791.jpg

Head north for a suitable atmosphere:)

97396ce05c873456e58786cbb1d66791.jpg

Give it a rest Arsey.
I've simply had enough of going abroad...I don't find it worth the effort/cost/time and it no longer feels as special as it did.
I've been to the places I wanted to go to, and there's nothing tempting or of enough interest for me to feel like going again.

I'm surprised either Tarka or Arsey have any experience of travel in any other countries - or indeed this country- as they both seem to spend most of their time up their own arses. :D

I'm surprised either Tarka or Arsey have any experience of travel in any other countries - or indeed this country- as they both seem to spend most of their time up their own arses. :D

Oy! :rob

I was in Baghdad when you were in your dad's bag. :dabone

Back
Top Bottom