Dealers want your Harley.

I used to enjoy mulling around listening to Planet Rock in a main HD dealer and also have a secret hankering to buy some HD branded clothing but not any further new or newish bike from them. :p

Friend of mine went to Cheltenham HD last week, he went with the intention of buying a new bike cash. The staff had no interest in discussing what he wanted or even engaging to sell him a bike so he give up as he believed they obviously don't need the money. He then went directly to an Indian Dealer and the experience was totally opposite to HDs and he picked up a new Indian two days later.

Its like they have given up on the brand or are they simply too lazy to do their jobs and sell a bike, or is it because as a cash buyer there's no commission for them and therefore no incentive to make a sale?

How would they know he was a cash buyer if he hadn’t engaged?

If I’m serious about a purchase I normally call and make an appointment - perhaps his heart wasn’t really in it!!

Having said that the difference between Southampton HD (poor) and Reading HD ( excellent) is quite notable.

I’m disappointed Glasgow have not got in touch, we bought a 1200T for my wife, she then got a hip operation, and has not been able to get on the bike.

Don't tell me operations have now become fashionable....... whatever next.

Friend of mine went to Cheltenham HD last week, he went with the intention of buying a new bike cash. The staff had no interest in discussing what he wanted or even engaging to sell him a bike so he give up as he believed they obviously don't need the money. He then went directly to an Indian Dealer and the experience was totally opposite to HDs and he picked up a new Indian two days later.

Its like they have given up on the brand or are they simply too lazy to do their jobs and sell a bike, or is it because as a cash buyer there's no commission for them and therefore no incentive to make a sale?

Crikey.....even Indian dealers are better than HD dealers.

Back
Top Bottom