Nav 6 Stuck in Cradle

Mart75

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

My Nav 6 cradle seems to have jammed.

So the Satnav is stuck in the cradle and the lever on the left side will not pull out as it normally does.

Wonder if anyone has an idea as to how to release this?

Thanks

Is it a case of the release button not popping the catches 'enough' ?

My car-mount for Nav5 takes a bit of wrestling with the unit.

If it is still under warranty - take it back, otherwise - can you dismantle it slightly to add a bit of length to the release 'prodder' ?

Yes - it is unlocked

Sadly no longer under warranty.

I think the release button is just not popping the catches - feels like it is jammed.

Have tried all sorts of different pressure and pulling on the satnav itself to see if it will free the lever / catch, but as yet no luck.

There is really very little space to insert any kind of 'pick' - but will try that. It's tricky as I can't quite imagine how the securing mechanism works

Google-image the mount (should be same as Zumo 660)

But - suggest you push the Nav into the back of the mount (to release any pressure on the latches) - and get two stanley blades, and pry the top up on the mount. (the plate that pops up normally.)

Wrap all but the blade tips with duct tape. You might need an extra hand.

You should be able to release the mount from the backplate and then dismantle the mount for modificating.

With the key in the unlocked position, have you tried pressing the top of the nav unit towards the mount to relieve pressure on the catches, pulled the left lever out then manipulated the lever on the top right and vice versa.

9a1530b16cbfc61c9126e8ef6d8c1841.jpg

The slide on the left moved left to right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e338490dcb0b409c0250fbfb08291024.jpg

As the right locking lever is pressed the lugs move up allowing the unit to free

c14a633bfb13579b6bbdd3403735d493.jpg

Bad shot but these are the lugs into the top of the unit.

Thanks for the photos - really helpful - it doesn't look possible for the left lever / slider to get stuck on the unit - so assuming it's the mount that has jammed

Back
Top Bottom