BeMoto Insurance what’s shame

albatross

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So here I was going to get a better deal for a 2 bike insurance and sure enough thought let’s try BeMoto.
Deal was less then CN and off I went.
Only to be bombarded with letter after letter about NC bonus.
My PC was at update and at repair so I couldn’t scan.
Well there I was thinking let’s try it the old fashioned way and get a copy of my previous insurance done and send it to them via Royal Mail....mistake of not using registered mail...
Still getting those letters...so ringing them.
45( yes forty five) minutes in the waiting loop finally get hold of an adviser , explain, chaps keeps telling me I should send a mail:blast:blast
He is working from home, so he doesn’t know what’s going on in the office, he gets back to office and after lots of soul searching finally finds my letter.
Today another letter and threat to cancel insurance...whatever
Apparently my copies weren’t enough, in all my years of insurance I never ever had such a shambles and messing around and about with NC bonus ever...
Just thinking if this is just sorting out NC what would I have to expect in case of a claim.....
Oh my, I need :beer::beer::beer:0:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Oh yes , my Mac is back from repair and scanner works, so I will give it last try:blast

Attachments

• B4B7D7E8-75E0-4DF1-9CD9-62B79BF04172.jpg
    B4B7D7E8-75E0-4DF1-9CD9-62B79BF04172.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 590
Why didn’t you take a photo of the NC Discount entitlement and send it from your phone?

I moved from CN to Bemoto earlier this year. Excellent service from both companies

CN provided proof of NCD by return. Bemoto accepted it without quibble

Bemoto's requirements for NCD are clear, in my view, as are the consequences of the OP not complying with the terms he agreed to.
Required evidence

Please send us a copy of:

· Evidence of your no claims discount

Please email a photo or scanned copy to helpme@bemoto.uk (we must be able to clearly read it).

If we have not received proof within 7 days after your policy has started, we will amend your details and assume that none is available. This may result in us either having to cancel your policy or increasing your premium. We will charge a non-validation fee in this circumstance.

@ Ajax...I beg to differ....CN gone way more expensive despite NCD and being with them a long time, however there physical presence with access via phone was much better.
Never had any issues with NCD ever, I would assume they pass these things on within the industry,but it’s also the access and the copies I send clearly state NCD for both bikes...:(
Well I am sure this is just a one off......:(

Been with Bemoto for 2 years, always been great, though I've made no claims
I was able to swap the PX bikes insurance over to the new one last month whilst at the dealers and they were working from home. I had already made the arrangement at home a few days before and it did take a while to get them to call me back for this
On the swap over day I was able to email the person dealing and she rang me straight away

Tried Bemoto, couldn't get anywhere near other providers (they are only a broker). In the end went with Bennetts for the first time. Bennetts were unbelievably efficient, online portal, they even confirmed my no claims by checking with my old insurance company electronically, so no intervention from me. So will see how it goes, but impressed so far :)

BeMoto didn't accept the photo of my policy renewal section that showed the NCB accrual. Hey ho, and fair enough. I phoned Carole Nash and got my NCB proof emailed within 2 minutes of phoning customer services and promptly shot it off to BeMoto. All of a 5 minute exercise in total, so others experiences may vary..

Good point, will be my next step if they don’t accept my last insurance copy, totalling 21 pages...:mad:

Good point, will be my next step if they don’t accept my last insurance copy, totalling 21 pages...:mad:

Just give CN a bell, it was really simple. Follow the phone options o talk about your current policy. Very easy :thumb

Have recently swopped insurance companies and I can't recall ever having to prove my NC situation, ie max NCB. I have always assumed my latest choice of insurance provider has to do all the donkey work ie verifying the facts with my previous insurance supplier (surely it's a company to company thing) not me? Also it's odd when I read my new insurance details some companies say I have 9yr NCB but others say 13yrs or whatever, is there no industry standard?

Have recently swopped insurance companies and I can't recall ever having to prove my NC situation, ie max NCB. I have always assumed my latest choice of insurance provider has to do all the donkey work ie verifying the facts with my previous insurance supplier (surely it's a company to company thing) not me? Also it's odd when I read my new insurance details some companies say I have 9yr NCB but others say 13yrs or whatever, is there no industry standard?

I've had experiences of both situations re NCB - You prove it most recently, or somehow it getting verified intra-trade in the past. It isn't the worst thing ever though. The 9yrs thing seems to be the max applied discount as explained to me by CN, although I have lots more years with no claims (gosh I'm an old fogey).

Second thought, let's invite Wapping for a rideout, hijack him at the Little Chef, tie him up and throw vegetables at him.

Tried Bemoto, couldn't get anywhere near other providers (they are only a broker). In the end went with Bennetts for the first time. Bennetts were unbelievably efficient, online portal, they even confirmed my no claims by checking with my old insurance company electronically, so no intervention from me. So will see how it goes, but impressed so far :)

Its good to know that Bennetts did the checking the proof of NCD for you. I was with Bennetts on one of my bikes until insurance ran out on the bike in May. Have been unable to reinsure the bike as yet because received no renewal or Proof of no claims from them yet despite repeated requests.

Its good to know that Bennetts did the checking the proof of NCD for you. I was with Bennetts on one of my bikes until insurance ran out on the bike in May. Have been unable to reinsure the bike as yet because received no renewal or Proof of no claims from them yet despite repeated requests.

Maybe I have that to come then :) Have you logged onto your account on their portal and tried web chat to speak to them? I managed to get quotes for a second bike by using this option and again, they were very responsive.

I just moved from cn to bemoto sent a pick of cn renewal docs with the no claims proof stated on it ,be moto emailed me a day later no problems and £220 richer

Maybe I have that to come then :) Have you logged onto your account on their portal and tried web chat to speak to them? I managed to get quotes for a second bike by using this option and again, they were very responsive.

Yes have tried that . Had a couple of e mails from " Gordon & Wayne" with links to FAQ . Not a problem at the moments as wont need the bikes for another month so plenty of time to sort it out. I will just get new quotes with additional years NCD in anticipation of eventually getting the proof.

Back
Top Bottom