Hotel / digs near Folkestone / Chunnel

I normally stay at the Premier Inn at Eureka Park - 12 minutes up the M20 from the tunnel. It's soulless and the only food choice there is the Beefeater next door. But it's convenient.

Or, if I go over the day before I stay at Chateau Tilques on the other side and have a nice dinner and leisurely breakfast. Not both at the same time.

Yep, Chateau Tilques is my current favourite. The waitress there is rather nice too.

I have to say, given a choice between Chandos in the centre of town and that place in Arpinge, it'd be Pigeonwood every time. Only advantage of being in town would be if you want access to a choice of places to eat and drink within walking distance. The harbour area is nice but in these days of social distancing I'm not entirely sure how many bars and restaurants are open.

Some might see the lanes to get to Pigeonwood as challenging. Should be meat and drink to a full-on GSer, but I'd think twice about taking my fully loaded K1600 that way. :D

Well you could stop at our 1830 listed granary 15 minutes from the tunnel and 25 minutes from Dover.

Safe parking fully serviced, self contained and sleeps four, can also take tents.

10 mins from Canterbury by taxi and most takeaways’s delivery.

PM if you want a booking

Dane

Well you could stop at our 1830 listed granary 15 minutes from the tunnel and 25 minutes from Dover.

Safe parking fully serviced, self contained and sleeps four, can also take tents.

10 mins from Canterbury by taxi and most takeaways’s delivery.

PM if you want a booking

Dane

Sounds good for 2021.

Back
Top Bottom