R1100GS - Pivot bearing upgrade kit from Motorworks. Any feedback ?

MotoRevive

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have had 'Nushings' in my 1100 for several years. No issues over thousands of miles of tarmac and gravel roads loaded and two up. Recommended.

Yes. I've heard of nushings. Aren't they from the USA though. They may take too long to get here.

I've been working for main dealers for the last 8 years so I've only been allowed to fit genuine parts. AKA, crappy over-priced FAG bearings that fail every 10,000 miles.

They were a bit fifty to grease, and wore within 2 years, installed as per instructions, then a year later I had revised instructions sent out, because of problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were a bit fifty to grease, and wore within 2 years, installed as per instructions, then a year later I had revised instructions sent out, because of problems

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a go as I need them this week. I'd buy the nushings but the shipping will take too long.

Email they might send them express, I wouldn’t waste my money buying anything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not tried the M/works option but tried "another" of the UK's BM aftermarket outlet budget equivalent Fag type bearings... One of the shells disintegrated on fitting... After fitting several sets of FAG bearings before without issue and loads of other bearings with the same lack of problems I wasn't impressed... I now have a set of genuine FAG's fitted and a set of Nushings on standby...

Bought an 11GS and my first BM from same supplier in the late 90's and had a list of problems they couldn't and didn't sort resulting in refund and an almost abstinence from BM's... Vowed not to use them again and forgot my golden rule... Same attitude and lack of interest in my correspondence... Feck em... You know what you are going to get with the FAG's and the other options are worth a go... They are a weaker point on oilheads but I have had 30k + out of FAG sets before without problems...

Not tried the M/works option but tried "another" of the UK's BM aftermarket outlet budget equivalent Fag type bearings... One of the shells disintegrated on fitting... After fitting several sets of FAG bearings before without issue and loads of other bearings with the same lack of problems I wasn't impressed... I now have a set of genuine FAG's fitted and a set of Nushings on standby...

Bought an 11GS and my first BM from same supplier in the late 90's and had a list of problems they couldn't and didn't sort resulting in refund and an almost abstinence from BM's... Vowed not to use them again and forgot my golden rule... Same attitude and lack of interest in my correspondence... Feck em... You know what you are going to get with the FAG's and the other options are worth a go... They are a weaker point on oilheads but I have had 30k + out of FAG sets before without problems...

Well, I do agree to a point. There are plenty of very high mileage bikes going strong on FAG bearings. You do only hear about the problems on forums. Not the thousands of bikes without issue.

I do genuinely believe that the main problem with them is incorrect maintenance or torquing. You can blame BMW for that as they should have added the procedure to their service schedule..

Hey Guys, thanks for the thoughts.

Shipping time for a set of Nushings from the USA to the UK, has varied quite a bit, sometimes a week, sometimes 2-4 weeks.

After Covid19, its been 4-6 weeks every time it seems like.

there are other options for faster shipping, sadly they cost the same ( often more) than the actual Nushings themselves, and in my experience they are faster than 6 weeks, but rarely as fast as they advertise ( 3 days or whatever).

So now here we are, contemplating sending a large batch of Nushings to someone in the UK, and have availability that way when someone is in a quick need of parts.

And as always, if you have questions, issues, or ideas, please hit me up

nushings@gmail.com

-Matt

Last edited:
Hi Matt... I think mine were a fair bit quicker than that... Great service thanks and top comms... 👍

Back
Top Bottom