Lowered footrest

Captain jack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am not clear which, if any mods are required to the gear and brake pedals. Can anyone clarify please?

There is an extension piece added to the gear change linkage to move the lever down.

There is a shorter piston fitted between the brake lever and the foot brake master cylinder to move the brake lever down.

The wunderlich kit provides everything to lower the pegs.

The picture shows the original brake plunger. The replacement provided in the kit is shorter.

This should give some idea of how you can move the position of the gear and brake levers to match your lower foot peg position.

Attachments

• 3840D021-679D-4816-A231-E508DA994D14.jpeg
    3840D021-679D-4816-A231-E508DA994D14.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 206
  • FBEA8D59-28BB-41FE-8B5F-5C7314D8FC94.jpg
    FBEA8D59-28BB-41FE-8B5F-5C7314D8FC94.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 198
This is the Wunderlich Kit fitting instructions.

The pictures are self explanatory.

Attachments

• F361FFFF-A5F7-4E6A-81F8-94BB95365D74.jpg
    F361FFFF-A5F7-4E6A-81F8-94BB95365D74.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 208
Thanks Ian, that's helpful to me because I'm currently riding with OE peg on left & lowered on right, not a good look..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes thanks Ian. It seems that kit is the way to go as some of the others leave you to sort out the gear and brake issues.

I wonder if anyone here has one for sale

It seems that kit is the way to go as some of the others leave you to sort out the gear and brake issues.

It’s the way I went. Which In reality is a cheaper route.

I’m currently fabricating myself a set for my R1200GS adventure, it’s taken weeks of work just design and fabricate the foot peg lowering brackets out of stainless steel. I’ve still got to cut and adjust the gear and brake levers.

If there was an after market kit available (which their isn’t) I would buy it in a heart beat.

Attachments

• E24BD90F-4119-459E-90AD-62EE43CE3BF0.jpg
    E24BD90F-4119-459E-90AD-62EE43CE3BF0.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 201
You could also fit Honda Pan European foot pegs. Only requires a small piece of angle ally and drops the pegs about 1”. I did it on mine and works superbly. :thumb2

You could also fit Honda Pan European foot pegs. Only requires a small piece of angle ally and drops the pegs about 1”. I did it on mine and works superbly. :thumb2

Snap, very easy and cheap way and works brilliantly.

What about the gear and brake levers with that option?

I haven’t made any any adjustments to brake/gear levers as I didn’t need too, to be totally honest, it’s not something I noticed, I didn’t go, oh, I need to adjust brake/gear, the position of both just felt natural. :beerjug:

I haven’t made any any adjustments to brake/gear levers as I didn’t need too, to be totally honest, it’s not something I noticed, I didn’t go, oh, I need to adjust brake/gear, the position of both just felt natural. :beerjug:

I'm not looking to argue with you Alan, but if the pegs are lowered an inch & slightly forward, I can't understand how the brake & gear compatibility can remain the same. As soon as I fitted the Migsel lowered pegs I found I had to lift both feet off the pegs in order to get above the brake & gear shift.

I suppose you've been able to adapt your feet movement without any discomfort

I'm not looking to argue with you Alan, but if the pegs are lowered an inch & slightly forward, I can't understand how the brake & gear compatibility can remain the same. As soon as I fitted the Migsel lowered pegs I found I had to lift both feet off the pegs in order to get above the brake & gear shift.

I suppose you've been able to adapt your feet movement without any discomfort

The Migsel pegs are even lower again therefore do need the gear lever moving.

I've got a pair in the garage you can have for £10 plus postage, or collection from South Cambs

Thanks I will take them please. Will pm you.

P.s what size aluminium angle bar is required please? Ie thickness? Cheers all

St1300 pegs for me too, made a big difference and no need to adjust brake or gear change.

Looks like 1" by 1", but get it a bit bigger,say 1.5 by 1.5 by 1/8, as it's easier to cut off, rather than add on.
I ended up with pivot pegz as I suffer from ankle problems

Back
Top Bottom