Simple bluetooth earbud for nav 5 directions ?

DR268

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Need a bluetooth ear bud that connects to my nav 5.

Only want to hear nav directions so don't need intercom etc

Has anyone a link to such a thing

Think it needs to be a2dp but cant find anything

Thanks

No idea but I’m interested in the same thing ...

I have a Jabra bt3030 that I have used before... you can use your own earphones connected to the unit. Yiu can have it as a dog tag around neck or in pocket..

Maybe a bit bulky? I’ve tried normal Apple AirPods and they were ok but fell out when I took my helmet off. The in-ear ones (AirPod Pro?) stuck out too much

I got some neck type Bluetooth earbuds from Amazon and they work fine. Under £20

Attachments

• jam tune.jpg
    jam tune.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 351
As with most commercial earbud's / headphones

they look good, and sound great in the shop, living room, garage etc, but ..

1st problem, you have to get your lid on, without dislodging the bud, easier said than done ;)

2nd problem, Hearing anything! at 70mph the wind / road/ engine noise, is fairly substantial, so the

""punchy bass, razor sharp treble & awesome clarity "" as advertised on the side of the box means

jack shit while your overtaking a HGV at 70mph on the M1 ;) and trying to confirm how many miles to the next junction etc

You can get slim / flat bud's with memory foam tips that sit inside the ear, and dont protrude outside the ear,

so eliminate any pressure from the helmet lining , but size again matters,

small bud = small drivers small drivers = lack of bass = lots of treble, so tonaly harsh.

you can to a degree overcome this lack of bass / treble by pushing the buds well into the ear, but this can give problems with

equalising the pressure in your ears, and that can hurt like feck!

You can get moulded plugs with the required headphone stuff built in, again expensive, and not everyone's ear canal is set up

for it, so again you might not get as good audio as you were expecting

Ive tried slim in ear headphones, expensive buds, and found neither to be "wow" must have,

My current solution in moulded earplugs and in helmet speakers, but again you need higher volume to hear things,

I have some Etymotic buds that are brilliant quality - but wired. Fine when I used them with my old Zumo 550 but I'm now looking for an option that allows me to keep them but wire-connect to some small device that will then connect via BT to the Nav/TFT.

Buy a second hand Sena 20 S for not a lot of money

I may even know where there is such a thing

Obviously DR268 has first dibs as it’s his thread, but I might be interested if he’s not - how much is not a lot?

Obviously DR268 has first dibs as it’s his thread, but I might be interested if he’s not - how much is not a lot?

Send Road rash rider a PM he has it all but its a twin set complete with headsets etc etc used but still all fully functioning only surplus as we have upgraded to the 50S

Having had a 20s, the volume will need to be quite high and they sound tinny. Tried low attenuation earplugs bit at the end of the day was not happy.

I went for these in the end. They seal well in to the ear, provide some protection from wind noise and sound quite good.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075T34VBQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are not bluetooth but you can purchase a bluetooth adapter. The wires are weak so expect to only last a few months to a year. But they work and i am enjoying my music.

Maybe this is the answer, not great battery life.

Anyone tried one of these and could review it ?

Avantree Mini Bluetooth Earbud Earpiece for GPS, Podcasts, Audiobooks, Secure Fit In Ear Headphone, Wireless Invisible Small Motorbike helmet / Car Headset Earbuds (For Right Ear) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LWYU5EF/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_8NoaFbWTYMP1H

I've just bought one of these. If this fits in your ear and you can get your helmet on it's time you replaced your lid. There is nothing mini about it.

Attachments

• aventree1.jpg
    aventree1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 188
  • avantree2.jpg
    avantree2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 191

Back
Top Bottom