Alarm/RDC unit replacement F800GS

Goo

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has replaced the Alarm/RDC unit on their bike? Mine got water in it and died so I removed it. I don't use the alarm but it would be nice to get my tyre pressure sensors working again. I'm wondering if a new one will just drop in and work or if it's likely to cause the immobiliser to activate or something nasty like that.

Any info appreciated!

Thanks - I have the fob for the old one of course but never use it as I don't use the alarm - do you know how to code to the bike? Is that something only a dealer can do? And is it necessary if you don't need to use the alarm? Do you have pressure sensors and if so, did they still work after your replacement?

It had to be done by dealer, certainly a gs911 couldn't do it in my hands, maybe others know better.

Yes, all the sensors worked afterwards, cost around 30 minutes labour, or my left testicle !

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info.

If anyone has done this without getting a dealer and their computer involved, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks for the info.

If anyone has done this without getting a dealer and their computer involved, I'd love to hear about it.

I have a 650 without the tyre pressure sensors. There is no control unit either and I am looking at getting a second hand one and fitting it. I have Motoscan etc and am hoping that will be enough to do the coding myself. I have already tried activating RDC and it gave me the readout on the clocks (just dashes where the numbers would be) and obviously gave an error message because it couldn't find the controller or sensors.
I have located the plug for the control unit in the tail section but cant see any way of fixing it to the bike. If someone could take a picture of theirs and post it so I can see how it fits that would be great!
From pictures of the control unit it looks like there are three fixing points but I cant see where these match to the bike?

I have a 650 without the tyre pressure sensors. There is no control unit either and I am looking at getting a second hand one and fitting it. I have Motoscan etc and am hoping that will be enough to do the coding myself. I have already tried activating RDC and it gave me the readout on the clocks (just dashes where the numbers would be) and obviously gave an error message because it couldn't find the controller or sensors.
I have located the plug for the control unit in the tail section but cant see any way of fixing it to the bike. If someone could take a picture of theirs and post it so I can see how it fits that would be great!
From pictures of the control unit it looks like there are three fixing points but I cant see where these match to the bike?

You need the mounting bracket:
- the mounting plate (Halter Bracket - PN 6575 7 707 271)

The alarm and tire pressure monitor share the same housing. Search for install instructions for one or the other.

For example:
https://f800riders.org/forum/showthread.php/22133-Mounting-a-F800-658GS-Alarm-System

Thanks Radio - really useful information. I think I will carry on with my endevours.

Hi OldCroc let me know how you get on regards fitting and costs as this is something I would like to add also.

Hi OldCroc let me know how you get on regards fitting and costs as this is something I would like to add also.

Ok Ant. I am looking at a second hand controller (£50-60), Backing or fixing plate (still to find one but may use a bodge for this :D ) Wheel sensors and valves - with codes (£130 EEEK! friom Motorworks).

I have the cable and adapter and the Motoscan App already so hoping that I can do the coding of it all to the bike and save the dealer cost for this. I'll let you know how I get on....

I have now fitted the sensors and coded everything and so spears to be working as it should.
a90410b76e977e4e2aff24885292e9a8.jpg

The tyre pressure readout on the dash is brought up by the bottom of the two little buttons to the left of the dash and not via the button on the left handlebar. The sensors activated as soon as they had pressure then went to sleep after a couple of minutes. They deactivate as soon as there is sufficient rotation of the wheel.
So a big thank you to all those who helped in my venture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom