Nav VI Weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I did create the route in Basecamp then transferred it to my Nav6. The route was then Bluetoothed from my Nav 6 to my mates Nav 6.

I agree it must be operator error but having used & shared routes on previous Garmin devices, over numerous years without issue, I'm perplexed as to what's going on & how to resolve it.

Your input is greatly received. Thanks :beerjug:

Without seeing the three routes, the one you created in BaseCamp, the one displayed on your Nav VI and the one displayed on your friend’s Nav VI, I think it is very hard to ascertain what went wrong or why.

My suggestion would be to create another route in BaseCamp, broadly similar to the route in question. Check it carefully and send it to your device. Then share it from there, by Bluetooth, with your friend. Then look at the results, comparing one device with the other. Then ride the route with your friend and see what happens. That will give you somewhere clear (and controlled) to start from.

All being well, we'll try it again at the weekend.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Excellent! Great to know that you (unlike some) are trying to understand the problem and not just discarding the expensive device and Garmin / BaseCamp as a load of crap. Let us know what happens, please.

I don't know which of several possible methods you use to create your routes in BaseCamp? Whichever method you chose, check when you 'use the pencil' - I assume to shape the route - whether the points left at the pencil's tip are unannounced shaping points (little blue dots) or announced viapoints (orange flags) when they appear on your Nav VI's screen. Also check how they display on your friend's Nav VI, after you have Bluetooth'ed the route over to him.

Richard

Last edited:
So, we tried a new route my mate had plotted, which was then Bluetoothed to my Nav.

With Auto-recalculate turned to 'Prompt' on my Nav & 'Off' on my mates, the only notable issue was mine prompting a recalculation within 100m of setting off, despite us both selecting the second, highlighted point in the list when pressing 'Go'.

One thing my mate mentioned was that the route we had issues with last week, which followed the route as plotted on his Nav but not on mine, changed on his Nav after he'd updated the installed map to 2021.10. to match how the route had appeared on my Nav during the ride.
???

Anyway, turning 'Recalculate' off is definitely the way forwards.

Many thanks!

Mine was doing similar to this and the noticed when I was creating the route in Basecamp it was for a motorcycle, but when I plugged it into the bike it was in car mode. Kept it in bike for the bike and now routes as per my created route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom