Exhaust weight difference

Swell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have an 18 GSA Rallye. Does anyone know the difference In weight between the Akrapovic and the OE end can? I’m thinking of treating myself to the full system but need to justify the expense. Weight saving would be an easy justification instead of pure aesthetics. Also I hear there may be issues with fault codes when SS collectors without the flap are fitted. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Years ago, I put a Titanium silencer on a GSA. I didn't weigh either but, the Titanium can was a fraction of the weight. Probably the best thing you can do to make a big hit on the weight of a bike but, you know all the farkles will put the weight back on.

I changed mine last week. Had the brand new bike and within 1 hour i changed the end can and connector pipe.
Didn't weigh them but the standard pipe to the Beowulf one i put on was a lot.

I had a Titanium HP Akro. It was so light compared to the OE can. I sold it on here. Couldn't be arsed to fit it, but now have the craving again. Cant decide between the Black Titanium Akro or the Black Remus 8 ?

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,101
  • remus_exhaust_remus-8_stainless-black.jpg
    remus_exhaust_remus-8_stainless-black.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,106
I do t think the LC silencers weigh a lot. They’re a very simple, two chamber system - they don’t do a lot of silencing, the cat and flappy valve take the sting out of the noise. Run a std silencer on decat headers and see how loud it is!!

I replaced mine recently with a can,but I did it for looks / noise rather than weight. I mean, you will save a kilo or two, but you can’t justify a replacement on basis of weight.

If you want the akrapovic and can afford it, then just get it!

Sometimes we just like to have our bikes the way we like them and that’s ok!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The akro is £250 more expensive. But is that worth it ?
The name Akropovic I think is what people want to see on the bike. But is it really any better than the Remus ?

The last time I changed a standard exhaust was on a 2 stroke when it actually made a difference

A couple of kilos less on a 125 bhp 125NM 4 stroke is not going to make a pisser of difference

Just my opinion of course :D

As has been said above, Its mainly for sound and looks.

I changed the can on my 1250gs for looks mainly... got a nice Remus black hawk from a member her.
Looks far better imho, and was less weight (but I don’t know the difference).

Change the can if you want, it’s your bike, do as you wish

I weighed mine when I fitted the Akrapovic and the std exhaust can was about 0.5KG heavier than it if I recall correctly.

Just checked the weight of my standard end can including clamp and that shit little cover that hides the clamp and it's 5.3 kg. The original can was off the bike anyway as I fitted a black aftermarket HP Corse end can last year but didn't do a comparison weight, holding both at the time of fitting the HP Corse seemed about two thirds of the weight.
fabed726be440cdc828d5cafca2e6554.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I had a Titanium HP Akro. It was so light compared to the OE can. I sold it on here. Couldn't be arsed to fit it, but now have the craving again. Cant decide between the Black Titanium Akro or the Black Remus 8 ?

Go with the 8. After years with Akro systems I wanted a change. I think the 8 looks and sounds better. Just get the non homolgated ‘race’ version so you can remove baffles if you so wish.

If it's weight saving you want why not save yourself some some money and go on a diet instead, start with setting yourself a target of the weight of a silencer. The result will be the same, you don't see tosser sized jockeys on a horse, they use little fellas as opposed to putting the horse on a diet.:D

If it's weight saving you want why not save yourself some some money and go on a diet instead, start with setting yourself a target of the weight of a silencer. The result will be the same, you don't see tosser sized jockeys on a horse, they use little fellas as opposed to putting the horse on a diet.:D

I don't think anyone seriously buys a different end can for weight savings. On a GS you'd never notice anyway. It's just a way of justifying the purchase, for some.

Sound and looks only.I have better things to do than start weighing exhausts.

They look like wunderlich. I have them and they make a big difference to the wind on my arms and chest.

They look like wunderlich. I have them and they make a big difference to the wind on my arms and chest.

The winglets ? yes i think they are Wunderlich. Purchased from a fellow tosser at a very reasonable price. The deflectors on the bars are cheap chinese copys of the the Wunderlich ones, and were £25 IIRC, and everybit as good quality as the Wunderlich items at a third of the price.

Back
Top Bottom