Does anyone know what these 2 things are?

LBJ GSA

Reaction score
Hi

Was looking over my newly purchased 2008 GS today. Removed a redundant tax disc holder which was screwed onto the left hand screw on the side of the front beak. After unscrewing / removing it a black plastic pointy thing with wiring dropped down. I can't quite see how to re attach it (yet) but what is it?
Also, this bike has a yellow Touratech brace of some sort between the front forks. Any idea what that does? Never seen one before.
Many thanks

LBJ

Without pics it's a guess but could be the external temperature probe that the bike uses to adjust air/fuel mix perhaps?

The yellow thing will be to stop the tele lever and forks from getting damaged when used offroad id guess.

Whack some pics up :thumb2

Without pics it's a guess but could be the external temperature probe that the bike uses to adjust air/fuel mix perhaps?

The yellow thing will be to stop the tele lever and forks from getting damaged when used offroad id guess.

Whack some pics up :thumb2

Many thanks Stu. I figured it was some kind of sensor. If I am not going off road, would it be worth removing the Touratech brace. Anything to gain or lose by leaving it on / removing it?

I tried to upload pics, but the upload tool required them to be a URL??

Back
Top Bottom