GSA pannier clips - 3D printer file available anywhere?

HTB

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've had a search and can find a couple of posts from around 2015 about the black nylon clips which holds the pannier frame bases up and out of the way when the factory fitted boxes are off the bike, pn 71607668697. Picking the bike up last week the previous owner mentioned they are no longer available and I shouldn't loose them.... There are a couple on fleabay but they're £40+ for a pair. £40! FFS!

One post mentions that someone here used to 3D print replacements but is no longer on the site. So, on the off chance someone else has done it, does anyone have an *.STL file so I can print some replacements?

Failing that, I guess it's a couple of lengths of bungee cord.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-05 RealOEM com - Online BMW Parts Catalog.png
    Screenshot_2020-07-05 RealOEM com - Online BMW Parts Catalog.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 186
Maybe you could improvise.

The plastic clip looks to fit an 18mm diameter tube. So 2 x 18mm pipe clips mounted side by side on a metal plate would probably do the trick.

That’s what I would do.

Attachments

• FB615D70-A85F-4DFF-B0EA-A5C2BEC7F080.jpeg
    FB615D70-A85F-4DFF-B0EA-A5C2BEC7F080.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 170
It would cost you 40 to 3D print those parts, assuming you had the CAD file... And then you'd have to hope it was right and that the chosen material would behave as needed...

I think Ian's suggestion is a very good one . It succumb to fleebay

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The plastic clip looks to fit an 18mm diameter tube. So 2 x 18mm pipe clips mounted side by side on a metal plate would probably do the trick.

Yes, that's quite a good solution. Good lateral thinking!

I have a copy of Autocad, but have never used it, so may b*gger around with it for an evening and see what I can come up with. I fear It'll end up like a scene from Spinal Tap, where I manage to make some sort of clip, but its either a really tiny version or a massively big version that uses up all of my filament.....

As Slipperyeel says, picking the right material will be key. My printer still makes it cost effective (depending on how may attempts I have!)..

FYI, the part number is 71607668697, still available from BMW for £13.31. Order through the BMW dealer as Motorworks don't sell them.

Good call on the pipe clips :thumb2

They have 18mm here. I would order some but not in the UK at the moment, be interested to know how well they fit as I keep losing mine :blast

Back
Top Bottom