Raising gear change

Jako999

Reaction score
Hi all well I ve got my 750 now and I’ve bought some new boots, sidi adventure 2, not sure about them yet but I think they are going to take some breaking in I’m finding it hard to tip my foot down between the gap to change gear so I need to raise the gear change. Is it as simple as undoing the spline at the engine and moving it up a tooth or two like normal my concern is will it upset the quickshift, it looks like it all moves with it. Just concerned as the quikshift is something new to me.
Thanks

The other thing is that I’d avoid the big clunky adventure boots unless you’re off road - I have a pair of Sidis and they’re a pain in the backside to change gear with, no matter what height the lever. You also lack a lot of feel and the stiffness of the boot is a disadvantage if you need to dab a toe down, e.g. stopping and not realising the ground on one side is a pothole.

Thanks guys
I like the look of the boots but the real reason for getting them was the sole is chunky and gives me a bit more height all the shorter boots seem to have a smoother sole any recommendation for a shorter boot wit a good sole? I have short legs and really need a boost have small it may be.
Thanks

Thanks guys
I like the look of the boots but the real reason for getting them was the sole is chunky and gives me a bit more height all the shorter boots seem to have a smoother sole any recommendation for a shorter boot wit a good sole? I have short legs and really need a boost have small it may be.
Thanks

Try height increased insoles I found them Brill got them from Amazon.

I've got the Sidi Adventure 2 boots too and have tested them thoroughly when I took my G310GS on an Adventure round RSA. They will break in and yes, I also adjusted the gear lever on that bike. Funnily enough though, I've not felt the need to do that on the F850GSA. Either the boots are now more flexible or I'm used to them. Stick with the boots, tweak the lever and enjoy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hi. I dont think the lever is meant to be adjusted. When i did that the lever started to hit the engine case

Back
Top Bottom
Nippy Normans supply Touratech, Wunderlich, Desert Fox and many other makes of accessories.